Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone take Kenpo at Kilnamanagh Kenpo Karate Academy ?

Options
  • 26-05-2004 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I am in the process of moving from America to Dublin, and was wondering if anyone on here went to the Kilnamanagh Kenpo Karate Academy. I had a few questions about the school, wanted students (or former students, former students please include the reason why you left) to igve their impressions about the school. Is it run well, in your opinion, is there anything wrong with the way its run? How is the quality of education? Is it over crowded? Anything you can share would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

You might want to post on the Kenpo Fellowship Forum and ask.

Can I ask is it Kenpo specifically you want to practice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

Kenpo is what I am currently studying (issin ryu, seishi ryu, judo, kendo, aikido are what I have studied in the past). I would prefer at this time to not change styles. According to http://www.kenpokarate.ie that is the only school in that part of dublin. As I was looking towards obtaining office space at city west, that seemed to be the ideal place :)

Thanks for the alternate place that is more focused on my topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

http://www.wardkenpo.ie/

This is where i train. Mr Ward the head instructor is a 6th Degree and has often gone to the states to give seminars... or whatever you call them... he travels a lot around UK/America teaching.

I find it to be an excellent club, lots of people of different grades... male/female. Its located just off the Walkinstown round which is only about 4/5 minutes down the road from the club you are talking about in Kilnamanagh....

Ofcourse you should judge for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

Hey thanks. And I would see for myself, just wanted ot get opinions, but this is a whole new school, so that makes it even better, now I can pick the one that suits me better :)

I would never enroll in a school without first observing at least 1-2 classes. One school I went to the instructor, aparently so bored with having a lower rank teach the class of 1, he decided to do cartwheels. After seeing that I decided it was not the place for me. That incident reaffirmed my belief that just because they have a school, possibly even students, does not mean the envorinment is a good one :/

Advertisement