Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rebuilt '67 Ford Mustang

Options
  • 26-05-2004 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Does anyone watch American Hotrod, I saw this episode last week about a place called Rad Rides by Troy www.radrides.com and they were taking a 67 Ford Mustang Fastback and rebuilding it, but updating its looks based on the 2005 mustang and engine etc.

Its a cool looking car and this place builds hot rods, not just modding cars to make them look cool but to make them go very fast, they had a pickup truck with over a 1000bhp.

But anyway my dream car has always been a Mustang, but this one they rebuilt is the ultimate as it has the classic looks but is also slightly modernised.

Have a look at it here: http://www.radrides.com/photogallery.php?sub=fastforward&ci=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Gorgeous. If I ever become inclined to get a car, that'll be high up on the list. Theres a guy around Cork somewhere with one of those. It's a kind of racing green colour I think. Lovely car, although I like the look of the older one over the newer.. Nicer lines on the old model.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

I've seen that one around cork also, imagine the cost of filling/keeping the fuel tank topped up!!

Love to import one though, classic insurance, but i think they need to be 30 years to qualify for classic road tax, it would probably cost a few grand to tax every year though... Wouldn't cost that much to get one over in a container either....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Arrr. A Saleen Mustang would be the business:

s3513.jpg :eek:

I remember there used to be a rusty old white 66 Mustang going around Cork a few years back. That'd be a good candidate for one of those rebuilds...

do ya remember the woman that drove it? An OAP with a mustang... it doesn't seem right...

:D That's right - she probably had it since it was new...

• Advertisement

Actually come to think of it, this thread reminds me of a website I saw a while back...

Anyone remember "Gone in 60 seconds" :D

eleanor_new_updates_003.jpg

http://www.eleanormustangs.com/

Thank you yes, I'll take two... one with NOS (and that delightful "go baby go" button) and one without (for the missus).

Eleanor. You can hire it for the day if you're ever in England: :D

http://www.avantisportsandprestige.co.uk/coming_soon_eleanor.htm

£700 for a two day weekend hire, or £350 for a day midweek.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

To be honest if I was importing one, Id try and get one from Oz or NZ as you can
    get a right hand drive model but even then they are rare enough and I dont think
    they limited edition Shelby ones cant be gotten in right hand drive..

Lovely cars tho, have always wanted one since the day I first saw one on TV years
    ago...

Always said that if I moved to the US or Canada that would be one of the first things
    Id treat myself to.. :)

I wonder how much it would cost for that Mustang????

mustang.jpg

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I think the cost of that one was about 100,000 dollars from my memory of the program but I could be way off.

Having said that you should have seen what they had to do with the car to get it like that, it was a junker with a lot of rust and uniframe damage, they actually had to cut the front end of the frame off the car and weld a front section on from a donor car something that can be risky if not done correctly.

The was stripped to each individual part and built from the ground up with some of the original parts and a lot of customisation, with a lot of man hours and attention to detail it was a good programme.

I made a mistake I didn't see this on American Hotrod but it was a programme like it can't remember now what it was called but this Mustang was built for ebay and you can read the whole story here:

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/113_0312_must/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Wonder what it would cost to get a mustang customised to look something like that
    if the one you brought in was in a decent enough state..

I suppose as long as the original chassis and engine was left relatively intact, you
    could get it classed as classic insurance over here..

Any idea what the inside looks like?

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Did a bit of searching and the programme this Mustang was on was called Rides and its on the Discovery Channel at various times.

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/rides/episode/episode_02.html

the episode with teh Mustang is episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

How about the latest Mustang GT-R. Now, ya can't tell ya don't like them lines..

2004-Mustang-GT-R-C-29.jpg
    2004-Mustang-GT-R-C-32.jpg

it'd be gorgeous if it wasnt yellow and had that huge spoiler on the back. But then again it is setup for racing.

Call me mad.. but I'd still rather have a '67 than an '04

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Said i'd take a look in the B+S to see, and theres a
    Ford Mustang 5.7 V8 '73. Fastback, black, engine rebuilt '00, body good, Classic Insurance & tax, no NCT, running well

For a paltry €9K, in munster with a Dub tel no.

The ad says classic tax and insurance, interesting..... :)

Wonder what she'd be like as a daily runabout? ;)

At €1 litre for petrol, and a guess at 18mpg (optimistic?), probably end up costing a euro for every 4 miles for gas....(approx)

The 73 Mustangs were the first of the castrated ones - that was the time of the oil crisis. Ford made a more "economical" car which was way slower than the ones from the 60s. 18 mpg? Jesus, I'd put in a nice 1.9 diesel out of a 406 or something... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by rymus
    .... Call me mad.. but I'd still rather have a '67 than an '04

I wouldnt call you mad at all mate.. in fact Id totally agree with ya..

Found this beauty for sale in Oz, €20k approx plus shipping costs and duty and I
    reckon you'd have a lovely classic in your garage for under 30k..

shes been completely rebuilt and has a 5.0 V8.. ohh baby!!! :D

And shes a RHD too!!!!!

ohh if only I had the cash, Id be over there in a shot.. :)

67_mustang.jpg

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Cars 30 years or older are not caught for duty/VRT in Ireland. Theres a fee of €50 to register and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I was also in the states last year and hired out a new Mustang. It was 4 or 5 litre V8. Any 2 litre over here would whoop it's @rse. I was very disappointed with the performance. I was expecting something very special with the size of the engine and the looks.

Originally posted by DukeDredd
    Cars 30 years or older are not caught for duty/VRT in Ireland. Theres a fee of €50 to register and thats it.

EXCELLENT!!!!!

anyone know how much it would be to import a car from Oz?

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

Have to agree with those who prefer the '67 to the new models. I'd go along with that for most cars: The old designs had style whereas most of the newer ones I find downright ugly.

The problem with so many of the modern U.S. engines is that they're strangled by emissions controls. At least with many of the 1970s engines you can remove some of the more restrictive parts and increase the power back to what it would have been with the similar engine block and head a few years earlier. THe problem with the late-model engines is that with micro-processor controls it's almost impossible to do that easily.
    Id try and get one from Oz or NZ as you can
    get a right hand drive model
    I've often run into people who have queried my having left-hand drive cars here. For anyone who is similarly cautious, I'd say don't worry about it. Being on the "wrong" side of the car really isn't that big a deal and you'll soon get used to it. Sometimes it actually helps, e.g. being able to see down the left side of a vehicle for passing if the road curves the right way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by PBC_1966
    [/B]
    I've often run into people who have queried my having left-hand drive cars here. For anyone who is similarly cautious, I'd say don't worry about it. Being on the "wrong" side of the car really isn't that big a deal and you'll soon get used to it. Sometimes it actually helps, e.g. being able to see down the left side of a vehicle for passing if the road curves the right way. [/B]

id imagine you would be better off if there was an accident (god forbid,) since the driver isnt on the same side of the road as the collision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The nicest rebuilds I have seen was at a place called Unique Performance http://www.uniqueperformance.com/ Check out the super snake, amzing car.

They take junkers and are licsenced by Shelby to rebuild them to replicate all models, including the GT500 base8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I just remebered this from boards earlier on in the year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054891192&referrerid=59211&highlight=mustang+for+sale

Tis a nice mustang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

That was sold long ago I think, this one, on the other has not sold yet, it's mine
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=1931&cat=500
    5.8 V8, 0-60 in 7 seconds.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Saw this same car on the road near Athlone last Sunday evening.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=469914

Too rich for me, I'm afraid. Its a stunner, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Cars 30 years or older are not caught for duty/VRT in Ireland. Theres a fee of €50 to register and thats it

Not entirley true. If you import it from outside the EU you will have to pay customs duty in addition to your €50 VRT and somthing like a pathetic €70 tax!

Buy anyway, if its from outside the EU, dont forget to add VAT!

Advertisement