Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's stickers, with the chewing gum....

Options
  • 26-05-2004 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

remember those packets of stickers ye got in the 80's with the chewing gum, ie, garbage pale kids...........

well there's one that i just cant remember, it was like loads of 50's style ads, except they were all in bad taste, anyone................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭kahlua

[IMG]h:\My Pictures\gum25[/IMG]

damn damn damn, knew it wouldn't work.....grumble grumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

do you know what they are?

you can host pics here http://imageshack.us/

Originally posted by kahlua
    damn damn damn, knew it wouldn't work.....grumble grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

You mean Wacky Packages?
    Use to love these.. :) These were mostly for the staes, but there was a series produced for Ireland and the UK.

There was also Wacky Ads, but I think this was more in the States.

:)

donkeynose.jpg
    ultrablight_smaller_images.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

thats them! they were great, KODUCK!

tn_koduck.jpg

Originally posted by Adeptus Titanicus
    You mean Wacky Packages?
    Use to love these.. :) These were mostly for the staes, but there was a series produced for Ireland and the UK.

There was also Wacky Ads, but I think this was more in the States.

:)

donkeynose.jpg
    ultrablight_smaller_images.jpg

• Advertisement

I got this car ad as an attachment before and its been bugging me recently cos i can't remember the bloody car type.

It starts off with an old couple in the car, the wife is in the passenger seat watching the husband drive, she reaches into the back seat and takes out a spare driving wheel and pretends to drive. Then you see another car come up alongside the old couple, the wife looks at yer man and he looks back at her. Then she gets this evil look on her face and swerves the wheel so it looks as tho they're going to ram yer man. He panicks and flips the car.

It's really funny but sooooooooo annoying cos i can't remember it. Help me. Put me out of my misery.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i remember you use to get the bubblegums with the football stickers in them cartoony images of international players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by kahlua
    I got this car ad as an attachment before and its been bugging me recently cos i can't remember the bloody car type.

It starts off with an old couple in the car, the wife is in the passenger seat watching the husband drive, she reaches into the back seat and takes out a spare driving wheel and pretends to drive. Then you see another car come up alongside the old couple, the wife looks at yer man and he looks back at her. Then she gets this evil look on her face and swerves the wheel so it looks as tho they're going to ram yer man. He panicks and flips the car.

It's really funny but sooooooooo annoying cos i can't remember it. Help me. Put me out of my misery.

I have that video clip on my PC and I've just had a look at it for you.

The red car that the old couple are in looks like a really old Lada. The yellow car that the guy who pulls up beside them is in looks like a Citroen Saxo/Peugeot 106 (both the same car essentially, just different badges). Though, it doesn't have a Citroen or Peugeot badge on the front so it may be some rebadged or made-under-licence version found in some obscure, former Soviet-bloc country or something! :D Though, it definitely looks like a Saxo/106.

And in case you're wondering about the tune playing in the clip, it's "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Advertisement