Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk Postage Question

Options
  • 26-05-2004 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a digital camera and some accessories for it from amazon.co.uk and it was dispatched on Saturday May 15th..

I chose the regular air mail delivery and it said it would take 4 - 5 days and the expected arrival date would be around 20th May...

It's now 26th May and I'm just wondering has anyone had to wait this long for packages from amazon.co.uk and what are their usual delivery times to ireland...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I too ordered a digital camera from Amazon.co.uk early in May. It arrived in about 4/5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nobby79

I have recieved many orders from amazon.co.uk a few days after their expected dekivery date, but have to say that have never had any problem with amazon. I would say wait until mondays post and if still no show, contact amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've ordered loads of stuff from Amazon as well as a digital camcorder. Never had any problems.

During the mail strike though it took a package 3 weeks to get to me, other then that fine.

Btw I'd steer clear of Royal Mail. There was a program on the other day about how a large amount of Royal Mail wasn't getting delivered. Appeared the delivery people were just throwing it in the bin, or whatever place they thought was the right place. While others in the sorting room nicked the items (normally small stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

In the past, I have always been very happy with Amazon UK, and the way they e-mail you when the goods have been despatched.

My problem re late delivery has always been down to our wonderful 'falling apart' An-Post sorting offices. Very slow and becoming even slower :( Give your nearest sorting office a ring and a piece of your mind.

Works wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

I ordered a book and a cd that were badly delayed. I emailed them about this and they sent another one, telling me not to bother returning the first if both came. The next day the original package arrived, and the second one only took a few days.

package still hasn't arrived.. so i guess ill have to get emailing and calling...

id say more than likely that its a sorting office problem... you gotta love an post...

called amazon there... they're sending out another package... no questions asked and are sending it by express courier.... hopefully it gets here as promised this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Have to say, Amazon are excellent when stuff doesn't arrive. Happened me a good while ago where 2 cd's went awol. No probs, dhl arrived 2 days later with replacements and a week after that the original package arrived with the 2 dvd's. Amazon said keep them so I auctioned them off for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

The very first time I ordered something from Amazon it I received an email the next day saying that it had been shipped. However, I didn't actually receive the item for a another four weeks. All it was was a DVD.

Since then though I've made a number of orders from them and haven't had any delays or problems.

• Advertisement

woohoo...

received the package at last... it was the second package that they sent out by DHL... only took 2 days...

thanks god all that is over... nice one amazon...

Advertisement