Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Cursors

Options
  • 26-05-2004 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone....

Okay so I am doing some work experience at the moment. (In Germany)

I have to develop a Visual C++ application. The core application is working and all I have left at this stage is some smaller issues. One of these issues is about changing the mouse cursor.

One of the features of my application is a 'Search' facility where the application searches for certain files containing certain data. I want the mouse cursor to change to a wait cursor or one of those half wait, half arrow cursors when the search is being performed.

I have looked through the help files quite a bit and anything that I do find is either rubbish or way over my head. I have also looked around on the net with little sucess.

Can somebody point me in the right direction or even explain to me how to do this. Bear in mind that when the search is over the cursor should return to normal.

Thanks a million in advance!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Should be simple enough:

HCURSOR previousCursor=GetCursor();
    HCURSOR waitCursor=LoadCursor(NULL,IDC_WAIT);

//when it's time to wait...
    SetCursor(waitCursor);

//and when its finished waiting...
    SetCursor(previousCursor);

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Excellent. Prompt reply and it works a dream!

Thanks so much satchmo!

[edit] Hehe... You might be sorry though. I have a ton of other questions! [/edit]

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Heheh ah.... oh look, what's that over there?!

(*legs it*)

Advertisement