Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postage thing

Options
  • 26-05-2004 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

im getting a large package from america and it has arrived in germany, is this common for large usps packages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Well, I know of one US company that uses a courier in France - apparently it's not that unusual to distribute to a central point in Europe and then onto a European destination. Bizzarelt cheaper too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

all my amazon.com shipments come through germany. frankfurt i think. maybe there sent to a central european office and then to indivudual countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

so how long would the package take to get from germany to ireland? it arrived according to tracking in GERMANY at 8:10 pm on May 24, 2004

and does this mean that the package has passed through german customs?the package was marked 'sample' hopfully they wont try and nab me for another 60 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

AFAIK, any VAT due is charged at the final destination country - for example, I pay VAT on US books here in Belgium, but none at home in Ireland. I'd give it until Monday at the latest from my experience, before I started bashing heads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

Im starting to get pìssed and worried

Your item arrived in GREECE at 2:00 am on May 26, 2004. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:
    ARRIVED ABROAD, GERMANY, May 24, 2004, 8:10 pm
    INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH, MIAMI AMC, May 19, 2004, 7:12 pm
    ENROUTE, May 19, 2004, 7:58 am, MIAMI, FL 33112
    ENROUTE, May 18, 2004, 6:10 pm, KNOXVILLE, TN 37950
    ACCEPTANCE, May 18, 2004, 12:03 pm, KNOXVILLE, TN 37918

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

read the above thread......

this happened me. greece means its arrived in ireland and its prob in customs. read the above thread to see advice on how to get a new tracking number, i couldnt be arsed typing all the details again!

Advertisement