Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bees......

Options
  • 26-05-2004 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭

Morning all....

I'm in the process of cutting down a large pampas & have discovered a nest of bees in the old root.....they were not too happy about being attacked by a chainsaw (I didn't know they were there).

Anyone any ideas how I get rid of them ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I was just about to post a similar thread.

We are plagued by large aggressive bumblebees here at the moment. Can't even open the window as seven came in this morning. One buzzed outside the door for an hour last night and it took what was left of our wasp spray to move him.

I don't know where they are nesting, but I think it is beyond our garden walls. Is there anything I can do to repel them?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not mad about getting rid of bees, but try the "Beekeepers"and "Pest control" pages in the Golden Pages www.goldenpages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks - I've trawled through that with little success sadly enough. I don't really want to kill the bees & most of the Golden Pages guys just come out for mass murder purposes (beeocide !?!).

I was hoping a bee keeper might take them, but no joy so far.

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/county.html

Pick your county for a beekeeper

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Kill the basterds! hate em

• Advertisement
Advertisement