Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard stains

Options
  • 24-05-2004 1:01pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This advice is colman's specific, but worth noting.
    Q: What's the best way to remove a mustard stain?

A: First, scrape off as much mustard that is on the stain and pretreat the area. Then, wash the garment in the hottest water that the garment can withstand. If the stain still exists, make a paste with baking soda and water. Rub the paste on the back of the stain and let the garment stand for two hours. Rinse, then rewash. If that still doesn't work, make a smooth paste with Colman's mustard and water, put the paste in some warm water then soak the entire garment in it overnight... Presto! Your clothes will be uniformly stained mustard.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Question:
    How do I remove mustard stains from clothing?
    Answer:
    The easy solution may be to have the article drycleaned. If this does not work or you wish to try and alternate method, try this. First make sure that your article may be washed in water and is not "dryclean only". If washable, prepare the appropriate sized bucket with water and Chlorox 2 or some similar non chlorine based laundry stain remover. Make a little stronger than label directions. Soak the stained garmet for up to 48 hours in the solution. This happens to be the last resort thing to try for any stain on washable fabrics. Never use chlorox bleach.

Anybody know what chlorox is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

a brand of stain removal bleach.
    they make applicator pens & crap like that

How do I get mustard out of a pair of Levi's?
    The first thing to remember when treating a stain is to attend to it as soon as possible. Blot up wet spills with clean, white, absorbent material (cloth or paper towel). Remove excess solid material with a spoon, spatula, or the dull edge of a knife.

Further information at http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/19990208.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

/Forwards copy to B. Clinton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

went to the persil site
    Jam

Your jammy dodge: fresh stains will often come out with normal washing

but there was nothing on mustard so cover it with tomato sauce and
    Tomato sauce

We'll solve this for you before you can say 'fast food'. Make a solution of equal quantities of warm water and glycerine (available in chemists). Leave the garment to soak for an hour, and then wash in a biological detergent.

also this child irritates me on levels i never knew existed to this day and I don't know why. Odd that.

tomatosauce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Shes going to get pummelled by sausages in various different directions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 raptor twin

Yes, Mustard Stains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ItSheepDawg

ugh. I hate mustard stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

• Advertisement
Advertisement