Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Monday 24th

Options
  • 24-05-2004 12:28pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It seems we have a choice...

We can either load up the saved game and continue from where we left off last week with the same equipment etc

or

We can load up the halls of advanced training, do a bit of shopping and then try to continue the scenario. I am not 100% sure that we wont end up having to restart the scenario, but if we head straight for the current area it should not take us more than an hour now that we know where to go.

Server to be started about 8:30.

What does everyone want to do?

Personally, I wouldnt mind being able to by a few items. We are the right level but underpowered due to the lack of decent merchants in the scenarios so far. The delay in getting back to where we are now would be a minor worry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

shop 'till we drop. (****ing IOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes a little shopping spree will be nice. If you think fighters etc have not got much, us spellcasters have feck all loot that we can use. the most powerfull stuff i have is what Lolth gave me in the beginning :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

server up.

Password monday

games2.iol.ie:5121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Wartoes

good game

Nice to see we're all fairly evenly matched :)

well, the mages are good at killing hordes of things in a hurry, but they blow over in a stiff breeze. Remember the mirror images of ourselves? The evil mages never made it two steps...though it's a good job they only fired a few arrows at us and not a few high level spells.

And I think I should just point this out again: Ancient Red Dragon didn't manage to kill me.

At the end when Kearn and I started hacking away at each other...neither of us could ever kill each other. Just not possible. We regenerate faster than we hurt each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh I know one Ancient Red Dragon which could take you :p

I bought a lesser belt of guiding light and a golden circlett also Amulate of health. That makes me immune to fear and to disease,poison and maybe level drain too.. i still got fear and poison and disease in that mod for some reason!! The only thing that worked right was my boots of speed!! Waste of money in that mod but hope the next one works right with same character. Next time we change characters i need a change. im usually a spellcaster of some type. a battle cleric is cool, i got action and spells. Cerano was a powerful Cleric :D
    I think next time ill try something i have never been online before.. make a nice change.

All my equipment seemed to work. If you can suggest any possible way of improving survivability by changing this equipment setup, my cowardly character would love to hear it. Depending on buffs, his AC wandered between around 39 and 45ish I think. Dales practical invulnerability comes from:

greenleaf armour + 5 (+ dex bonus of 5)
    amulet of natural armour + 5
    cloak of protection + 5
    greater swordsmans belt (20 slashing resistance)
    ring of elemental resistance (15 against cold, fire, etc)
    boots of speed
    ring of regeneration + 2

and depending on circumstances, TWO helmets:
    the golden circlet (immunity to mind affecting stuff),
    or a thieves hood (immunity to poison & knockdown)

once a day - rod of ghostly visage (came in handy
    against rooms stacked full of magic missiling quasits)

As you can see - spent nearly all his money on defensive stuff :)
    He's nearly too tough - aside from a vulnerability to spells.
    I've started pondering my next character as well....

By the way, we always used to play on a Wed night too so how about another game during the week? Does not have to be wed, im sure we can pick a day to suit if anyone else is up for it. I dont mind actually but 1 game a week leaves me wanting more :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Sure,

I'll have a look for a campaign to start for wednesdays. Seperate group.

• Advertisement

i'd be up for it.
    I play a few nights a week on Rhun as it is.
    Seperate characters alright..starting at 3rd again?

Advertisement