Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard resources online.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is there a site where you can find people's pictures of their mustard heads?

Ya know the way you can grow cress and mustard seed on these funny potatoe head thingums?

Erm...

yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'd like to recommend the Mustard Place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

oh come on now. bother to walk to the shops.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

also try

tesco

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by marclar
    oh come on now. bother to walk to the shops.

Ok, I think I see why you posted that other thread. There's an awful lot more mustards in the world than you'll find in your corner shop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search.shtml?scope=recipes&q=mustard

Lots of Mustard related recipes. Thanks to davej for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

A page on mustard in medieval times: http://www.greydragon.org/library/mustard.html
    Mustard is a standard condiment that has been in use for thousands of years. The first recorded use was by the Romans (Columella, De Re Rustica. XII 57) Its use in the Middle Ages is clearly indicated by the number of times it is referred to in period cookbooks. The Viandier of Taillevent refers to it several times, and gives at least one recipe for making it. Le Menagier de Paris gives a recipe and says to buy it from the sauce merchant (depending on the version). Both The Forme of Cury and Das Buoch Von Guter Spise include recipes for a mustard sauce for preserving fruits and vegetables.

It seems well researched - they've looked at a whole load of primry sources where mustard is mentioned and they've got some medieval mustard recipes there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

mmmm; So Much Mustard, according to The Mustard Museum August 7th is Mustard Day.

Mustard Museum

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

August 7th is Mustard Day.

I hope ecksor has been buying in the party hats and decorations in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Loads and loads of info on mustard, including how different types are made, recipes, etc etc on about.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

This seems like a generally useful webpage

http://www.mustardmuseum.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kongomush

I'm really keen to get my hands on a large jar of [SIZE=-1]Handlmaier's Sweet Bavarian Mustard. Does anyone know if I can get this in Ireland? Or if there's a site from which I can order one. I've studied the links in the Mustard thread but to no avail.
    [/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 raptor twin

Dont be Daft No Bodies gonna do it for you, go buy it try it, I did and I got the T-shirt to prove it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daniel87

Mmmmm I love Händelmaier's sweet mustard!:)
    Just found your post while looking into the possibility of buying it here too!
    I think we're out of luck though sorry. On the up-side I'm going back to Nürnberg in April for a few weeks so I'll be gettin me some o that for sure.:o:o:o
    Soryy my post is not of much help to you I just thought I'd share my enthusiasm! lol
    Happy hunting :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

For those who wish to follow their mustardly needs via their phone

Advertisement