Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding drivers for win98se

Options
  • 23-05-2004 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

My cousin asked me to sort out his pc as it was giving him trouble so i re-installed win98se.
    But now i have items of h/w that have no drivers. I know i need graphics card drivers and there's a pci comunication and audio driver missing. Graphics card shows up as unknown device.
    I was hoping windows update would have them but no luck and he never got any discs with the pc as it was given to him.
    Is there away of finding out what i'm looking for like a uttility or something?
    I know absolutly nothing about this pc except the Mobo manufacture is msi, so it says when booting up the pc.
    Hope someone can help me

jozi

(we are spoilt nowadays with hig res and millions of colors, 640*480 and 16 colors is ****!!!)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Open up the case and have a look at the individual [parts you need drivers for. it will hopefully have some sort of markings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I never taught of that!

I think the boars is a msi ms 6178, just cant find many drivers on the net for it but i'll keep looking.

thanks for the tip

jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html
    use this to identify everything then more than likley you find all the drivers you need here
    http://www.driverguide.com/

Also Belarc.com can identify devices and give you a name to google.

Gotta love win98 " Windows cannot install your modem ,please connect to the internet and download new drivers" Class error.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

got all the drivers

thanks for the tips people

that uttility came in handy

cheers,
    jozi

Advertisement