Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling front sound ports Q?

Options
  • 22-05-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I have the Jeantech light fusion case and bought a set of headphones mic thingy today want to enable the front ports ,but manual for mobo says nothing about it.

Will this disable the L/R speakers port on the back if i move it to the front?

Kinda sucks if it does but its headset thingy so will have to butcher the cable and it will look cack.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

nm cant have both kinda sucks.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well on an a-open case you just connect the front panel directly into the board (mines asus) and then the software does its jazz in windows and it will only put sound out the back port if the front is'n being used.

any help?

From what i can see once those jumpers are unjumpered the back port is off.

What software is it ?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Generally there is always connections on the motherboard to hook up front audio, when the front is being used the rear is disabled . What board is it? Sure its not in the manual , even a badly done diagram?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

What mobo is it KdjaC? I'm looking at doing the same thing, but I have to buy the front panel ports. Alot of mobos will have an FP_AUDIO port, which will normally be jumpered when not in use. AFAIK, once this FP_AUDIO cable is plugged in, then you should be able to use both the front and rear ports. SO, yyou'd have your speakers plugged into the back, then when you plug your headphones into the front, the speakers will cut out. Perfect!

What kind of connector do the wires in your case to the front panel look like? If it looks the same as the connector in this link, then you'r looking for the FP_AUDIO connector on your mobo. If not... I have just wasted about a minute of your time.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Your motherboard should definetly have the required plugs to take the wires from the front panel.

ABit KV7 ,once those jumpers are removed and Case extension leads are on, the back is disabled that really sucks.

Have Mic going in back with headphones in speakers ,cables bloody everywhere.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    ABit KV7 ,once those jumpers are removed and Case extension leads are on, the back is disabled that really sucks.
    And that's with an FP_AUDIO connector? :( Hmmm, I might reconsider buying those FrontX panels for mine if this is always the case with this type of connector...

No i dont think its that way, the back is disabled once you plug in head fones but if nothing is plugged into the front then the rear still works fine (even if the front is connected to the motherboard).

[edit] thats the way it was with me anyway.

Yeah, that's what I have been reading when I was trawling for info on this FP thingy. KdjaC, I wonder if the wiring matches between the mobo connector and your case plug?

cpx110p4.gif

• Advertisement

From what i can gather from this once front enabled back is disbaled.

kdjac

Yeah, it seems yours won't work allright. :(

It's a different kind of connector to those used on the Asus (the Intel FPA standard). Your's is 2x7 while the other is 2x5 pins. That's pretty ****ty... What's the point in having FP connectors if they disable the main ports? I would have thought most ppl would want to be able to plug in headphones and disable the speakers...

Thats stupid. Id try it anyway just to make sure, i think it said something like that on my motherboard but the rear and frontal worked fine......

me goes to check your manual :0

kdjac

Your conector is Fp 102 mine is FP 101 and you can connect a seriously bad ass front panel ,way better than mine :(

But it does mention you can have LR on the front.

kdjac

Am not sure which board it was , could have been the A7N8X or KD7 (had front audio workin with both - i think) but the manual put me off until i tried. Yours mite be different?

Advertisement