Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing potentiometer?

Options
  • 21-05-2004 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

I've got a gateway ev700 monitor and i can't find the godforsaken brightness potentiometer. Where it would normally be (on the side of the crt next to the focus one) there's a 2nd focus. I've fiddled with just about everything moveable I can find and there's been no discernable effect on the brightness. Surely no one would be stupid enough to ship a monitor with an inaccessible one? I'm going spare here being unable to play several of my less luminous games. Any assistance appreciated. Failing that, spectacular destruction methods are also welcome. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Sorry, haven't a clue about monitor innards.

But since you asked for destruction methods, how about doing what they did in Fight Club, you drill a hole in the top of the monitor... fill it with gasoline, then torch it.
    If the movie physics are correct (which, lets face it - they almost never are) the screen should explode!
    (Or shouldn't it implode?)

Or wait for a sunny day and see how much you can melt it with a magnifying glass, then call it a mod and make a million dollars.

Is it completely useless though? beyond the help of a good gamma proggy? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I've got a good gamma prog, but my beloved thief 2 (and some others) doesn't support this and it's not a bright game to begin with. Monitor implosion eh? It's always good to have a backup plan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    But since you asked for destruction methods, how about doing what they did in Fight Club, you drill a hole in the top of the monitor... fill it with gasoline, then torch it.
    If the movie physics are correct (which, lets face it - they almost never are) the screen should explode!
    (Or shouldn't it implode?)

Amateur :) Install linux, set X up with negative *thingee* values ... please insert proper term for thingee. I'm too drunk to remember. Pretty blue smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Steve just make amy think that it hurt her then it will be spectacularly destroyed :)

Advertisement