Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

provisional renewal

Options
  • 21-05-2004 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

a friend of mine wants to know do they have to get another eye test and medical if their renewing their provisional?

I dunno so any help greatly greatly appreciatted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

From my experience of renewing my provisional, you don't need to do your eye test again.

With regards to the medicial I don't know.
    I never had to do a medicial.
    Was their a reason why your friend had to do one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

I think he had to get an ok from the doctor or somethin I'm pretty sure I did too though....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

You only need a medical if there's something serious wrong with you (one of the conditions listed on the driving licence application), or you're over 70, or you're applying for "higher" categories (trucks or buses) and aren't covered by any previous medical you might have submitted.

You'll only need an eyesight report if applying for a first licence or if your previous Provisional expired *over* 5 years ago (and a Theory Test too, if this is the case!).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

on the subject of the eye test...

How much should I expect to pay the optician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I paid €15... for 5 minutes of work.. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Duffman
    I paid €15... for 5 minutes of work.. :/
    Yeah, that's not so bad though. If you tell them it's for a licence, most opticians will do a quickie test and charge you less.

Last time I applied for a licence there was a place in Nutgrove (beside the doors in the west mall) that did half-price eye tests for the driving licence, before 12pm during the week. Restrictive times for most of us, but for students, etc, it's great - especially considering it's right next door to the tax office. Can't remember how much it was though.

Advertisement