Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggest upgrade to dell

Options
  • 21-05-2004 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

hi,

I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500 primarily used for gameing.
    Specs:
    P III 500 MHz with 384MB RAM
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model 64 with 32MB on board memory
    Yamaha DS sound card
    12 GB IBM DTPA Hard disk

I was thinking of extra memory, processor , graphics card and hd in that order but
    I am unsure which ones to select or a good place to buy them.

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Jesus kid build a new one that rig is well old!, actually if you can hold out....2~3months more:dunno:.....you should be able to get the new wave of technology thats about to hit us. PCI-E, Socket939, 6800/X800 etc.. a rig with all thatww), would be a REAL gaming machine what you have now is a solitare machine :D.

Seriously there is no point in spending any money on the rig you described - it's way past it's prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

thanks for that

what should I look for
    would building one from scratch be a good idea ?
    what would you suggest
    when I got the machine it was top class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Yeah I agree. Theres nothing on that machine worth keeping in a new machine. Sell it and by a new one in about 2-3months. If you can pick up a cheap GF3 card then that will give you a little boost. But I wouldn't spend anymore than 30 on a GF3 and 50 on a GF4 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Most important Q ,how much you got to spend?

That will dicatate what you get.

kdjac

Advertisement