Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check these lads out

Options
  • 21-05-2004 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Check out the Boom Boom room across from the Ambassador too, theres a lot of good groups playing there at the moment.

Take a listen to some Bad Mehldau, Keith Jarrett, Charlie Parker, and Miles Davis as well, Kind of Blue is great but he has lots of good stuff, Round about Midnight is cool, A Love Supreme, Blue Trane and My Favourite things by Coltrane are great too....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Prefer the fusion stuff to the old classics meself...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

recently bought "The Awakening" by the Ahmad Jamal trio. thats something i can recommend anyway.
    only bought it for one track really, that being "wave" (bossanova ditty)... funkiest version i have ever heard.
    the rest of the album is good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I picked up OHM's cd off Ebay, should be delivered in the next day or two hopefully.

Gonna pick up their live CD, with Kofi Baker (Ginger's son) on drums. Heard a couple of samples, it sounds amazing.

Just looking for something to rival Mahavishnu Orchestra's first few albums :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Lactating Shark

[
    Just looking for something to rival Mahavishnu Orchestra's first few albums :) [/B]

Aren't we all!

Advertisement