Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Beat Jackpot

Options
  • 21-05-2004 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know how the bad beat works in the fitz? I know that the bad beat is for aces full of kings or better, my question is whether or not the bad beat can be claimed during a tournament, or only during a cash game.

An interesting question also - if the board shows J-J-J-J-x and you are out-kickered, meaning you lose with four jacks, are you then entitled to the bad beat jackpot, or is there a ruling against this?

Anyone know if there's a a bad beat jackpot in the merrion?

Questions, questions, questions...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Bad beat only in cash games.
    You have to use 2 cards in your hand - they play omaha - so a JJJJx board wouldn't give anyone quads.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

They play hold'em too in the omaha/holdem cash game. So I wonder how that situation would work?...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Still have to use both your cards

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

yeah, omaha was originally just texas where you had to use both of your hole cards, then when omaha hi-lo was born, the game expanded to include 4 hole cards, and now omaha regular has 4 hole cards too. stupid really.

Advertisement