Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bike problems

Options
  • 21-05-2004 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi. Just but a dirt-cheap fischer bike from wal-mart and when I'm in high gears the chain slips every couple of revolutions. In the low gears it seems fine. Anything I can do myself before I try to explain my problem to a bike dude in pidgeon-german. Website links are welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah i have the same problem on mny bike and it was a cheap one in aldi. I think it may be that the back derailer is not tight enough and should be pulling more on chain. or there may be too many links on chain.

either way let us know how you fix this one !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Superman
    yeah i have the same problem on mny bike and it was a cheap one in aldi. I think it may be that the back derailer is not tight enough and should be pulling more on chain. or there may be too many links on chain.

either way let us know how you fix this one !
    That's more than likely it. If you're not comfortable with bike mechanics, take it to a shop, they'll either remove links, or more likely, adjust your derailleur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

plenty of site on the net that will give you a tutorial on how to adjust your rear derailer:

Such as: http://mountainbike.about.com/library/weekly/aa062001a.htm

Advertisement