Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php problem

Options
  • 20-05-2004 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

(Sorry about the lack of detail - I'm not at my desk - will update post tomo)
    Unusual one I think, I was running php 4.3.2 on a windows pc no problem. Then I decided to move everything to a Red Hat 9.0 Linux box which came installed with php 4.2.2. After some initial configuration php is now running okay except for one thing - HTTP header variables aren't being passed from a simple html form on one page to the called php script to be processed. I haven't changed any of the code - which was working on the windows pc by the way...
    Does anybody know of anything simple I'm missing out on here? Thanks in advance.
    (ps - I can see the header vars being passed if I send them as part of a GET request)

update: Sorted it. I explicitly assigned the http request headers to my variables using the $_REQUEST method which I didn't have to do with ver 4.3.2 on windows XP.

e.g. $myVar = $_REQUEST(myVar);

Beef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pheelay

Register Globals is more than likely set to Off on your Red Hat install (it's better that way!)
    This is set in php.ini -not sure where its located on RedHat but if you need to change it search in /etc/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Indeed you're right - register_globals is set to off. I'm gonna leave it that way though (not for security reasons - it's an intranet) but it's not a bad habbit to be declaring variables in the script anyway - easier to see what's going on between pages. Cheers for that.

Advertisement