Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tape Removal

Options
  • 20-05-2004 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi

Hope you can help with this... I recently put down wooden flooring downstairs. I also put new skirting board up.. after this I had to paint the skirting ( I Know , should have painted first :-(..

I put masking tape on the new flooring as I am not great with a brush.. I finished the skirtingand then proceded to remove the masking tape...

Unfortunatelynot all of the tape removed... I have tried everything I can think of to remove the bits of tape that are "glued" now to the floor..

Anybody got suggestions on how to remove unwanted tape?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

A rag dampened with white spirit will remove the gluey residue and won't harm the wood - which I presume is untreated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

do a google and you should find some tips. masking tape should be pulled up within 12 hrs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Try White Vinegar or Surgical spirits, which you can get in the chemist, works wonders without damaging the skirting or floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭smarten31

Great - thanks to you all - I will give it a go this weekend! ( in between watching Millwall beat Man Utd hehe )

Advertisement