Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Core/Ram Q?

Options
  • 20-05-2004 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Card is 9200SE 200 Core 166 mem, not great but 70 euros cant go wrong runs every game i have well (farcry,BFV,Ut2004)

Using ATI Tool and trying to find max core and mem have got core to 301.25 then it artefacts.

Ram can go to 245 then it artefacts.

Is that it it can go no more?

Btw doing this got my 625 3d mark 2003 score up to 912 (not feckin bad methinks)

Temp seems fine have P3 heatsink placed in its vicinity as it only has a heatsink ,has yet to go above 41 temp.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Assuming it's th stock cooler you have on the card,if you could get a better cooler it MIGHT allow you to go higher. afaik, the temps on the GPU core and mem are what makes the artefacts appear. The BIOS of your gfx card can also make a difference as some have different memory timings which can sometimes allow better overclocks. At least that's what it seems like. I had my 9800Pro flashed up to an XT, then Sir Random found another BIOS that gave even better overclocking on the memory.

TBH, I don't know what options you have with the 9200, but I'm sure we can find something.

50% increase on your 3D03 score is nice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Using a Bios from Wizzards SoftMod page, only one for my card (unless you meant use a diff manufacturer Bios). Had to use the softmodded drivers and the ATI tool mine was locked.
    Leaving it at 279/203 for the next few days see how it goes will play BFV later make sure all is well.

Temp is bugging me hasnt changed throughout the day well 39 to 41 have it rammed in between heatsink and GPU.

kdjac

Advertisement