Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a concrete shed

Options
  • 20-05-2004 3:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody got one bult,I was thinking of getting one built out my back as a kind of work shop.I have not gor a clue how much this will cost and I dont want to bother a builder getting a price etc if it would work out to dear,so if anybody has done this could you let me no how much I would be looking at.

it would be a large shed at 22ft x 16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Length of string price. €10,000-20,000.

You should check if you need planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

recently got a price for a 14X12.
    Only spec I gave was weather glade door and window and slate roof.
    Price = €11,000

Told him I'd let him know, yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Must be worth trying a self build - how far wrong can you go with cement & breeze blocks ?? :D

I've been pricing a large shed/workshop for my garden - something oin the region of 10ft x 20 & getting horrendous prices. Cork Co. Council tell me that providing the floor area is less that 25 sq m, I don't need planning, so I think I'll have go myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

far play to you Andip...keep us up to date on how you get on....what kind of price were you getting....?I will have to keep the price down as this is for a snooker room and the other half does not realy like the idea but I talked her around (after about 5 weeks) but if I come back to her and say it will cost 10k to 15k and then 2k to 4 for the table...well I think she will go MAD.then I may just keep the price from her.

Mine's for a train set :D , so if I can get away with it, anyone should be able to ....

On first costings, about €750 for breeze blocks, €300 for cement & €1000 for finishing, roof, doors, windows etc...

Even allowing for changes & hire costs (mixer etc) I still reckon I'll get change out of €2500....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

€2500...thats great....I would be happy to pay around €5000/6000,it must be some train set...

lol - :cool:

I guess time is the only issue with it really - it's not exactly going to go up overnight. The pricing I have was roughed up by a builder buddy of mine, so hopefully reasonable accurate...

Hopefully it'll come together quick enough...the 9:17 from Cork to Dublin is filling up fast ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Andip
    Mine's for a train set :D , so if I can get away with it, anyone should be able to ....

On first costings, about €750 for breeze blocks, €300 for cement & €1000 for finishing, roof, doors, windows etc...

Even allowing for changes & hire costs (mixer etc) I still reckon I'll get change out of €2500....
    And what are you doing for (a) foundation / floor (b) labour? Sounds awfully thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Macker

about €750 for breeze blocks

Don't use them outdoors ,go for solids ,cavities would be better ,and use insulation otherwise you won't be playing any snooker for 8 months of the year

Macker

It'll be a self build, so labour costs = my own time - may take a bit longer, but quite a fun project.

Foundations/floor will just be a cement base with re-inforced wire inset.

Macker - I'll certainly be insulating before it gets used, but whats the advantage of solids or cavities ?? - are they less absorbant ?. I was planning on skimming with a cement scree & weather coat paint afterwards ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement