Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Overclocking.ie Irish HW Tweaking/ Modding irc channel

Options
  • 20-05-2004 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Right I've been asked by to announce #Overclocking.ie a irc channel setup by myself and some of the lads here. It's basically and extension of this forum where the topic (in theory) is HW Tweaking/ Modding, or another home for all you performance pc nards :) It's only a trial period at the moment but if there is enough interest then it will become a permanent fixture.

I've also been asked to give a quick quide on how to get onto #Overclocking.ie if you've never used irc before. So basically it goes something like this.

Download Mirc from the Mirc website. Install. Connect to the Quakenet server. And once your connected to Quakenet join the channel by typing /join #Overclocking.ie and that's pretty much it :)

Here's a more detailed guide to irc that you might find a little more usefull than short but sweet guide.

Feel free to comment/criticize this post/channel on this thread as you see fit, keep in mind this is only an idea, we would like to know what you think. Oh and apologies for the short and abrupt post but some of us have luch to eat :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

[URL]irc://irc.quakenet.org/overclocking.ie[/URL]

For noobs install MIRC Connect to server and click this link :)

kdjac

Advertisement