Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bullying?

Options
  • 20-05-2004 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for a short story or long quote on the topic of bullying that i can modify into a short speech, i was wondering if anybody would know of anything moving or interesting about this subject?

my school does themed readings in the library and i've gotten quite fond of winning :) but i'm void of inspiration on this... i can't think of anything brief and well written that i've read that would work well as a speech (or could even be modified to work as such)

the story below is the right kind of idea, but far too long and difficult for me to properly read out as a male reading to an entirely male school (i'm also posting this as a nice read for anybody who feels their time has been wasted by this question) http://www.parisreview.com/tpr157/orringer/orringer1.htm

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

can you not write your own speech? or maybe use a scene from a movie on bullying and then make a speech up from that? sure there are tons of movies on that subject...if not think about how those movies came to be, surely there are books written first. find a book that was made into a movie on the subject and use that.

Hope that helped, the whole thing sounds a bit strange to me and I didnt read the link as I havnt the time.
    goodluck!

Advertisement