Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just finished computer

Options
  • 20-05-2004 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Shuttle SN45G v2 Mobo w/ Shuttle SilentX 250w PSU
    Athlon 2800+ Barton
    512mb x2 Crucial RAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro
    MSI DVD-Burner

First computed I've ever built. :) Finally completed it after several hiccups and about an hour of frustration.

Once I install Windows what programs should I get to test it out and make sure everythings running smoothly, Prime95?

Also what would anyone recommend as a first overclock? I've never overclocked (and don't really know how) but I'm willing to give it a try and was thinking about bumping the 2800+ up to a 3200+.

:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Make sure everything is running smoothly first :) . Run prime95, this will test CPU, PSU, Cooling, Ram. If this runs ok for about an hour or 2 then you can presume everything is perfect (as everything is stock). This is good to do as you can check for ram errors etc.

If everything is ok then just enjoy your system for a while before going into overclocking. I know it can be annoying , the first build n all so you dont want to get pissed off with your system too early :D (as overclocking can be rough sometimes).
    You system looks sweet, will perform well .......... enjoy that for a while and when you want a performance increase then overclock and you will be happy for a second time!!

Advertisement