Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part max speed list/database?

Options
  • 19-05-2004 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a website that lists max OCed speeds on parts.

Recorded and what cooling was used etc:

Be handy for helping make new purchases, wonder if we could make one between us as a sticky.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

There are threads listing max o/c's all over the net, just google for "[partname] benchmark"

Unfortunately, there's no way to predict how well a cpu or gpu will o/c. Certain steppings are better than others, but there's no guarantee that the chip you get will be a good one.

Ram and mobos are more predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Overclockers.com have CPU database at www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/ I used to look longingly at some of these overclocks. (I still can't get stable over 240FSB :()

There's another similar one at www.sysopt.com/ocdatabase.html

I've never found anythinglistng how other components cope with overclocking, so Like Random said, it looks like a trawl for individual bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I was reading one of those matrices and the thing that became clear is that two chips off the same wafer could be wildly different in overclockability .... its just luck of the draw ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I checking this as i have 2400XP at 2289 (getting braver had it at 2389 earlier but ti locked up after a while temp was 45 and voltage at 1.725)
    I want to see how far it can go stable before i push it up ,heatsink i have is great and will keep it cool.

Also my 9200SE i gonna push the speed up on that but havent seen any previous attempts by other people softmod forums has bits about it.

And then my ram i have 2700 DDR gonna mooch that up also but think i be better getting a 1gb stick to add to it 1st.

Just be handy to see other peoples handywork :)

That CPU list is great btw thanks.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yeah, it's good to see what other ppl have gotten to allright, especially in an easy to browse format. I like the ones that also list the cooling used, but I wish they'd have more info on memory, timings etc.

Here's another decent enough database I was browsing earlier over at
    vr-zone.

Pretty scary when you see entries like

CPU Type: P4 Prescott 2.8E
    Cooling: Dry Ice / Liquid Nitrogen
    Overclocked Speed: 4482 Mhz

:cool: as ice

Jesus_Thats_Great take note! ;) WOnder what this guys AquaMark was like?

<edit>
    Actually, that database is very good. The links off from each of the entries bring you to more detailed info, voltages etc.
    this one sickens me in particular.. Same CPU on air (and a 32s SuperPi!) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement