Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic school...would you attend?

Options
  • 18-05-2004 6:03pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Do you think if someone started a magic/metaphysical school that people would attend?
    They could learn the history of witchcraft and learn the actual craft
    herbal remedies and the like.

What do you think would be the general view on a place such as that?

I think I would go out of pure curiosity :)

would you attend? 26 votes

yes I would go
    0% 0 votes
    no it sounds silly
    53% 14 votes
    I wouldnt go but I support the idea
    38% 10 votes
    does the term "witch burnings" mean anything to you?
    7% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

I believe I would attend
    crazy about Harry Potter's stories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

er, there are a few already. I don't know of any aimed at minors though. Interesting thought. Unless it was inspired by Rowling...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

one half of me cant take this thread seriously; .. but lucky for you, the other half of me is 5 years old.

OMG I WOULD SO ATTEND IT'D BE JUST SUPER WE COULD ALL PLAY HARRY POTTER UNTIL THE /pauses to think of magical creature from harry potter.. blast!.. what were they called?.. / HIPPOGRIFFS(!) COME HOME!!

this is neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I hope your not flamable... burn burn burn :)

Would it be aimed at kids, adults or everyone. Kids might like something like that becasue of the harry potter trend. Can't really see too many adults getting in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

If it was in Ireland, would they have to teach Irish? Because, then I'd have to say no.

Though maybe that'd explain why Peig live to be 456 and everybody around her mysteriously fell off a cliff at an early age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well you'd have to demonstrate your magical powers before I'd join... turn the dublin spire into a giant sausage... maybe fly around like superman for a bit.
    You believe in ghosts? then show me one.
    Charlatans everywhere.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

no it wouldnt be for children because that would just start a mess, children being so impressionable and all that. It would be for people say 16 and older unless a parent signed a consent form for someone younger.

I could see having seminars and such...and festivals in which children could participate in the games etc...

It would be a place to learn the facts and to do away with the myths that most of us generally associate magic with.

I had an idea of writing something up on the subject and wondered what people would think of such a place.

Not like harry potter (though I am a fan) as harry potter is fictional ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

I wouldn't. I think it's fairly stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Would I get to see naked women?? Coz thats what I'd call a magic school!! :D

But ya I'd go, coz then you could teach me to make vodka out of wood or something!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by BEAT
    Not like harry potter (though I am a fan) as harry potter is fictional ;)

Harry potters not real?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

are you by any chance in your college/university "pagan society" *Giggle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Sussh!! Whats the first rule of pagan university??! :mad:

Don't talk about Fight Club (Because we didn't like it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I'm in Beat. You starting one up? (i've inquired a few times asking a few professionals if they would be interested starting up a decent forum)
    It's about time Ireland was offered some decent education in the area of metaphysics.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mmm, necromancy...

its hardly black magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I'd give it a blast! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by keu
    its hardly black magic.

Perhaps not, but the thought of raising an army of the dead and crushing the lands of the living has always appealed to me.

wooooot!
    wingardiumleviosaaaaaah

*note* me only works with nice good dead people.

Advertisement