Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which ink jet printer is best?...

Options
  • 18-05-2004 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

just thinking about getting a colour printer for digital shots,and was wondering do any of you have any ideas as which is best printer and the cheapest and also the cheapest ink for whatever printer is about,,,,,im looking at mo at epson ink jet C64 which is around 90 or so euros but seen the inks and they cost in region of 60 or more euros for the black and the three colours that come with it......how long do they last........at moment im using an OKI lazer printer which is great for black n white,thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

The printer sounds good but check how much the replacement cartridges hold, compared to others.

You're probably better off spending €200 or so on a printer, you'll save the difference in all the extra cartridges you don't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Most chemists do prints and at very good rates. Locally i can get 100 prints of 7*5 for €14.99. Just a matter of gathering them up for a while.

Printer is fine if you have something you need printed quickly. Go for mid range aound the 100-150 mark as the quality is not vastly different. Get one with photo cartridge capabilities. Allows you to replace black cart with photo cart which gives better range of colours and doesn't drain colour as much.

Timeout

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Originally posted by timeout
    Most chemists do prints and at very good rates. Locally i can get 100 prints of 7*5 for €14.99. Just a matter of gathering them up for a while.

thats sounds very cheap at €14.99 for 100.....might be better off doing that,thought it might be cheaper to go and get a printer...so i just put pics on a Cd and bring it into chemists?......or any other method?...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I've got a Canon i865. It's got a 6x4 paper holder for printing photos. Haven't printed any photos yet though. It also prints directly onto cd's and I used this quite a bit now with excellent results. It's an exceptionally quiet printer and can be purchased for about €200 pretty in most retail stores or cheaper on the net: Canon i865 on JES Computers. It's retailing for €163.20 on JES and delivery is €28. Great bargain. Ink is cheap aswell. 5 seperate ink tanks, each retails for about €10 and the beauty is you only need to purchase a colour when you need to as opposed to buying a tri-colour cartridge for a small fortune when you've only run out of yellow ink!

so just another question..!so if i go out and buy a colour printer for 200euros how many pics would i get out of the cartridges?....as above u can get 100 pics for around 15 euro in spectre photo shops,i know it would be nice to have a good printer,as i said at mo i have a oki lazer printer with endless toners for it.And u get around 20,000 pages from one toner and around 5 years from the lazer drum but ofcourse in black n white.....thanks for ur replys,much appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I got one of the epson C64s last week... Tis a grand printer. Really good quality prints. The inks r seperate so u only pay for the ink u use so if ur doing a load of txt base work you only have to replace the black ink and so forth. Seperalty the carts only cost €17.. My girlfriends lexmarks carts cost €53!!! I think its the best printer for that price u can get and the individual carts just make it even more sense...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

hp deskjet 940c photo quality printer does me proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i got the epson r200 in pc world for €150
    and it rocks!
    6 cartridges, prints on top of cds, edge to edge photo prints... etc.

you can pick up dirt cheap cartridges on ebay, or on SVP:
    http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/SVP_Communications_Cartridges_for_Epson_printers_20.html

colour: £4.08 inc vat
    black: 4.57 inc vat

dave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Go for the Epson R200, if u can stretch it seems to be worth it. I'd have got it if id had the money...

thanks all for your views......the epson seems to be the one.....so im getting it next pay check.......but needed to get pics printed fairly sharpish so i put them into a Kodak place in nutgrove near rathfarnham so brought up a Cd with pics and for 76 prints it cost €14.99 and if i needed a second set it wud of cost €8.99....and collecting tomoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Wrong forum, neh? I believe theres an inkjet overclocking forum under Music.

Advertisement