Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many boardsters are there in london ?

Options
  • 18-05-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

As above - just a poll out of interest really.
    I'm living in london bridge at the mo'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm just about 40 mins from London in Reading. Could try get a London boards meet up - I think that has happened before but I haven't been over that long:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

theres a few around the guildford area. me and shinji for starters.
    stu69 is in london as well
    buffy bot too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

me in islington

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I working in London at the moment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Uh huh, I'm in London too - Harlesden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, there you go.

enough to go drinking with!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm in Elephant and castle, near London bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Am probably going to be working in London after I finish my degree this year.

Going over for an interview next week.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ecksor's living near london now isnt he?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

BuffyBot wrote:
    Uh huh, I'm in London too - Harlesden.

wow, you came over just for the dublin beers then ? awe, that was so nice!
    I wish WWM could have made it...actually I was in london for 2 1/2 days I wish I had thought about it sooner or I would have suggested we all meet up for drinks!

Next time so! :D

it may be sooner than you think if I am lucky! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

< Basingstoke

The only thing that keeps me sane in England is regular trips up to london to get drunk with some Irish and Kiwi friends... that and the money, its nice to earn more than 'just enough to eat and keep a roof over your head' like I did in Ireland.

Anyhoo on the 23rd I'll be back in Dublin for two weeks of drinking = \o/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

wow, you came over just for the dublin beers then ? awe, that was so nice!

Not quite, I moved back to Ireland at the end of October! I'd missed all the other beers, as I wasn't around so I was "convinced" that I had to go to the last one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

This forum gets a lot of views, dunnit? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm in White City

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Me as well in a month :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm living around Algate. So where to meet up and when?

Well, if anyone is actually interested in meeting up I suppose somewhere central to allow for people coming from different directions and a weekend as that's when people are likely to have time from work....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

pick a date and a location, otherwise we will all sit here

like we have done for the last couple of years :)

Seemings as I'm fairly busy over the next few weekends I'll throw out a few Saturdays when I'd be about - June 4th, June 18th and then July 2nd and 16th.

Could aim for June 18th (pretty much 1 month from now) and I'll suggest Waxy O'Connors (pretty close to Leicster Sq http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/index.asp).

I'm not that big a fan of Waxys - just throwing it out as a suggestion, it's reasonable central and there's a good chance a fair few of us know it already. If there's any other suggestions I'll be agreeable ;)

[btw - what would the chances of us getting a "London boards beers" banner put in the add space up top?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

June 18th sounds good for me. Cannot do the 4th or 11th as I'll be in Greece.

Is that place you suggested a good place to sit down and talk or is it jammers?

• Advertisement

Tbh I've only been there a handful of times (mainly due to living in Reading). It was very full for the Ireland England rugby match and later on a Saturday I guess it'd be fairly packed. So if anyone can recommend any decent pubs on the outskirts of central London (say Camden or Fulham) like I say I won't object.

[edit]
    I both defence and attack of Waxys - It's quite a large pub with lots of twists and corners. Good point - we can probably get our own corner of the place in which we could make a much or as little noise as we wanted. Bad point - if we don't recognise each other then it makes it hard for us all to find that little corner. Good point - we could probably pre-agree to a corner of the pub to meet in. Bad point - if that plan needs to change I think mobile phone reception can be crap in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Have it some time after July 11th. Thats when I move in... never been to a boards beer. And going on what people are telling me it will be the only time I go out the whole year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I might be up for meeting..... Depending on the time etc. Work's a bitch ;)

John

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lump wrote:
    I'm in White City

John
    Shíte City more like!

I'm in Stratford ;)

I'd suggest O'Neills on Shaftsbury Avenue. Sure, it's a plastic paddy chain, but it's pretty roomy (the back area has a really high ceiling, it's an outside area converted into an indoor area) and they serve Caffreys - result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

this O'Neills ?
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=WC2H+8JB (think this is a bit off, but you get the idea)

Kaids, you know what happened last time we ended up in O'Neills - I'm not drinking espresso martinis in some random dive again. Oh - how's the rug-scarf-mat doing?

And yossarin - according to kaids, that O'Neills is easily distinguishable because you come out of Tottenham Court Road, and then, do you see the big building...?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Some random dive? That place is class, it's not random, i'm there all the time!

For anyone who knows London at all, 'the big building' madge is referring to is the Centre Point Tower. Standing at a mere 385ft tall, it's understandably easy to miss.

centrepoint.jpg

Or perhaps, a view as you exit the tube...

lon120.jpg

:p

Right, that's enough faffing about beers.

Here it is, Friday 15th July, the hot and sticky heart of the city, Soho, starting with Chinese food at lunchtime and ending up smashed.

I have a few takers, I'm going to put a thread on the events page.

[edit]
    Which is now here.
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm in Ilford, formerly of Barking/Dageham, and before that Kildare, in Ireland... That said, I still live there when I go over. That said though, while Barking, et al are i Essex, they're still classed as London, tis madness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement