Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return of the psa....

Options
  • 17-05-2004 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

There used to be this show on bbc1 i think and it was about this thing called a sameade or soemthign that lived in this giant sand pit and these kids would go visit him. he was like a cross between gollum and gizmo..what was it called?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

"Five Children and It", from the book by E. Nesbit. The creature is called a psammead.

Here's a link to the BBC-America shop, which has the VHS tape under the U.S. release title of "The Sand Fairy".

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

thank u! that been bugging me for the last 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Yeah, I remember that! It was quite odd, intriguing and fun to watch :) The creature's name was pronounced sam-ee-ad. The programme was called "The Return of Psammead"

Memories

It is what it's.

Advertisement