Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

happy days

Options
  • 17-05-2004 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

i've managed to be able to order another half gig of ram for my system. my current ram is pc3500 corsair but thats not really available any more but afaik it uses pc3200LL chips, so i've gone and gotten the pc3200LL from corsair bloody 200euro ffs. when i bought the back in november or whatever the pc3500 was about 170, and only the other day the pc3200LL 183 but up ram continues to go.

i looked at the standard pc3200 and it has 2-3-3-6 timings so i said god maybe i could get that as i run my current ram at 2-3-3-7 so it would be fine and the pc3200LL only does 2-3-2-6 which isn't much difference however closer inspection of corsairs website said the the pc3200 on komplett can only do 2-3-3-6 on intel machines but does 2.5-3-3-6 on amd's

anywho the upshot is i'll soon have a gig of ram that i can run dual channel which should help the bf vietnam load times. the even better thing is that my friend got for me with an excess grant type thingy that he has to spend on somewhat academic items and i'm just giving him a hundred for the ram.

happy days in general

data

p.s oh and komplett better send me the one with the black heat sink to match my current stick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Wow, now thats a deal you cant refuse!! A raptor is also an academic item isint it? Ohh and an X800pro?

LOL, nice buy !!

[edit] PS doesent the LL possibly have BH chips? If it does then 2.5-3-3-6 is a joke TBH......... it'll go far tighter than that. Or mabye its the fact that it used to and now they've been replaced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Sweet dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye cheers lads its good alright and he's a good mate,

yeah the LL has BH chips i think so thats why you can get 2-3-2-6 out of it but i don't know about the standard 3200 i might have went for it if it could manage the cas at 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

fonzie.jpg
    'ay! i have been grossly misinformed about this thread:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

u could get that ram cheaper if u look around 1gb of that stuff was 120 for me 2 weeks ago ill tell u where if u want but ull have to wait until it comes back into stock, I was looking for another gb today but was out of stock:mad:

• Advertisement

1gb of that stuff are you serious? where was it

1gb of the Corsair XMS? Or 1gb or Pc3200 Ram? Komplett have it on special, €333 for 1gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

1gb of Pc3200

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Originally posted by dogz
    ill tell u where if u want
    Yes please! :)

Is this PC world by any chance? They prob had stock from a good while back when Ram was cheap.......... at the min its sky high so when its back in stock it wont be that cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Or off the back of a truck? :p

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    1gb of the Corsair XMS? Or 1gb or Pc3200 Ram? Komplett have it on special, €333 for 1gb.

thats not bad for a gb, i don't think i could justify the expenditure though and what would i do with a gig and a half of ram :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

I just got 1Gb of OCZ EB PC3500 for €340 from shop4memory.com (It's €430 + Delivery at OcUK).
    It was recommended for it's tight timings, and mine's doing 2.5,2,2,5 at 460Mhz :D
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17221875

Here's a thread about Corsair XMS & BH/CHchips:
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17223937

due to kompletts fantasic GLS service (i'm not joking) the ram arrived in the 3-4 days specified, went down to my mates house to collect it and just popped it in there.

happy days, i think vietnam is loading faster and i can now alt+tab out of vietnam with out killing my system, but i just realised how resource hungary nam is, it used a 1000 of my 1024mb hungary swine :)

edit not so happy days, was just playing vietnam and got a fatal error which was memory related, restarted and tested prime and it crashes out after about 2 mins where it was stable before.

i'm gonna take my cpu overclock off and see if that gives stability i also dropped the timings off from 2-3-3-7 to 2-4-4-8 and i suppose i'll give that memtest a shot if it can be run from cd to test stability.

anyone any ideas?

data

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Try upping the vdimm, that should make it stable at 2,3,3,7.

Advertisement