Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC HW tweaking/modding channels?

Options
  • 17-05-2004 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Quick query, is there any good HW tweaking/modding IRC channels that are frequented by you guys? I know there's a few out there like #tech.ie and such but I find they tend to be for the more for the broader tech questions like programming/networking/etc and questions like whats the best HSF/PSU/Case/RAM for OC'ing etc don't seem as welcome. If there isn't one specific enough maybe we should set one up? There's plenty of times where I would have a quick silly question that wouldn't warrant a post in here but at the same time I could do with having somewhere to ask :) . What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Jees, no-one here uses IRC then? Or if you do you don't see the need for such a channel? And there's me thinking it was a great idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Tiz a good idea but i think this board would get more use if it wasen't tucked away under the Electronics heading !!!! If they moved it to the main sci/tech you might get more ppl asking about smaller things,which is a good thing.

CombatCow

That's true it's got more in common with Technology than it does with Home Entertainment, I'm not sure about people asking about simple/small things being a good thing tho, things like jumper settings and stuff that most of us know could easily be aswered in one line rather than a whole thread. I was just curious, I thought there was a bit of a community here that could do with a home of sorts that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Make one yourself!

Aye that was my intention, but there's not much point in making one if no-one would use it. I was just checking the interest levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I think theres one for the Technology but im not 100% , think it would prob be a good idea alrite....... im not using it at the min, generally PM's work for me - vice versa with people with smaller problems that dont want to start a thread.

Hmm is that a slight spark of interest? There is a tech channel (#tech.ie) But I'm talking about a pure HW tweaking/modding channel, or overclocking maybe... Anyone suggest a name and I'll idle innit for a while and get ops. #Overclocking.ie or sumit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

#Overclocking.ie
    icon14.gificon14.gif

Keep in line with all other IRC channels spawned by boards :)

kdjac

Well ill be totally honest, i know SFA about IRC so i will follow your lead :) . I think it would be a good idea, and will sticky anything you think is nessary to get it up and running!!

Mabye Hardware / overclocking? Case mods and the like are not going to be quick questions, more thread advice & Pics etc..........

I will be more than happy to use it and see how it goes !!

Right I'm in #overclocking.ie atm but if a name change is needed that's no problem, I tried loadsa different names and they are all free once you put a .ie after them. As regards using irc it's not that hard, just download Mirc or some such client, connect to the quakenet server and type /join #overclocking.ie. If your stuck PM me :)

• Advertisement

Hahaha, id rather pretend everything is fine than admit i had a problem with a little IRC program !!

[hidden message, ill PM you 2moro about 5 mins after trying it]

Ok sure that sounds good, will try it 2moro and keep it on. Make a good sticky mabye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sticky be good idea.

kdjac

Ok well Beat Freak if you wouldnt mind doing a little post (seprate from this thread) with mabye a link to an IRC download and simple instructions and whatever else you like :D , i will sticky it and we can set off the boards.ie HW IRC hotline!!

Right you are, I'll see what I can organise tomorrow at lunch time :)

Yea thats grand, whenever suits!!

Advertisement