Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro candy

Options
  • 16-05-2004 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

i can remember that powder candy stuff sorta, called "pop rocks" or something that you put into your mouth and popped around and made noise hehe.anyone else? Remember the big bars, the nasty chocolate bars that were tiny, really nasty chocolate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

pop rocks, are they like the sweets in that film urban legend where the legend is you can't eat the pop rocks with cola etc. etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

There the ones Data, and slightly off topic, there was a documentary on National Geo. recently witht these two lads discounting a load of urban myths by proving them scientifically to be false and they did the pop rocks one.

They made an artificial human stomach and filled it with coke and pop rocks and it didnt explode till they gave it about 5 or 6 litres of coke and a gazillion pop rocks. Plus a good shake

• Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

What happened when they added hydrochloric acid and stomach enzymes to the mix? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

they should make crisp size bags of pop rock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ah I knew I was forgetting something. They were throwin in the HCl as well Rooster.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can you still get red liquorice in Dooblin? Not the mocky-ah strawberry/raspberrry/cherry crap, actual liquorice, only slightly sweeter than the black stuff. I haven't seen it down this way in years, used to love that stuff.

adam

Advertisement