Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions

Options
  • 14-05-2004 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭

hello all,

I'm planning on doing a bit of gardening this summer...my extent of gardening knowledge is cutting the grass and a bit of strimming :D

What I'm planning on doing is killing off the weeds and things in the garden and going from there.

First off, some pics of the area in question: pic1 ; pic2 ; pic3

As you can see it's a big area.

What I need are suggestions for killing off the grass/weeds there. I have a strimmer, but that's not really touched the sides as the grass is all tangled and knotted near the base, leaving about a foot after strimming.

I was thinking of spraying instead. Any idea where I'd get a good sprayer that wouldn't break the bank? Also, what killer would I use? Round Up? Or is there some tricks of the trade, using a mixture of something... How often should it be sprayed?

If you've any other suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. I'm sick looking at such a large space going to waste!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Go down the hire shop and get yourself a heaqvy duty strimmer for a few days.

Then hire a skip for the rubbish

Then think about weed killer and lawn restiliser, or possibly grass seed if it's too far gone

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hire some sheep for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Victor
    Hire some sheep for a few days.

yeah, we were offered goats a while back, but never took up the offer...

Thanks for the suggestion Borzoi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

feed & weed ,just shake all over grass it kills the weeds but not the grass brilliant stuff

Advertisement