Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo & Pampas grass eradication !!

Options
  • 13-05-2004 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭

I've just inherited a garden with a huge 13ft Bamboo & a 10ft pampas grass & want rid of both of them........

any ideas ??

I can't burn the pampas out as its right next to the oil tank (although it would burn rather well :))

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hedgetrimmers and one of those branch shredders maybe? Couple of pandas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭beer enigma

:D A Panda - now why didn't I think of that - maybe I could get a breeding pair 7 start a whole new Bamboo Maintenance business...

I'm leaning towards a chainsaw actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Andi,

If you can wait a week and are happy to let it go, I might be interested in digging up the bamboo and taking it off you and. Can you give me an idea of the spread (ground area it covers).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sure - I'm in no immediate rush.

I would guess its about 3 or 4 feet wide by a couple of feet deep and 13 feet high - I can crack off a digi pic & email it if you like ?

I'm Cork based..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Andip,

That would be great if you can. I'll send you a PM with some contact details. I might have to shorted the length of the stems, but as long as I can get it into the back of a Caddy van I'm happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement