Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN mon 17th

Options
  • 12-05-2004 4:42pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Righty,

A classic conversion (that runs on the server.. I tested) for Monday 17th May.

I wont spoil the suprise for you (though the name of the HAK might give it away for you oldies out there).

Yes, unfortunately a HAK pak is required not too large though. 10mb zipped.

Hak can be found

HERE

Should be very tough indeed.... hopefully there's a decent shop at the start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Damn just remembered I'm on lates next week so I won't be back til around 10:00. And I seem to recollect I'm still carrying one of the three key components for the puzzle from last week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Well, if you want, I could meet up with you on the server and we could swap over the item there.

Alternatively, if possible, we could arrange for all four to be on tonight or tomorrow and just run through the ending and pick up the reward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

or u could copy his toon into your own vault area and just get it yourself. :)

we dont need the little people.

First time I've been described as "little" in a loooonnng while. :)

I'll probably be in Rhun later tonight (say 9 or 9:30) give me a shout and I'll hand over the goods (although it is a very nice sword)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

I'll probably turn up tonight at around 9:30 as well to kill things good...

killing things good is good

Sol hit 6th level last night so has a fancy new attack and needs to find a large bunch of little monsters to try it out on, but would like backup in case it all goes horribly wrong.

• Advertisement

we dont actually need the sword to finish. We could just hold on to it.

What I am more concerned about is that everyone who played the scenario gets the XP reward. The gold can be shared out later on.

Rev. any idea if the level limit on the server is still 20 or can you go up to 40 now?
    Just saw an interesting scenario for levels 20 - 35 :)

Just raised it to 40

I wouldn't worry about people missing out on XP too much - you can always log in as DM and give them whatever they missed out on

ye know mouserat... yer not as thick as your character looks :)

Thanks Rev.

Sure u could have done it yourself, yeah lazy gít

• Advertisement

Just that little number in the game settings page? I thought there would be updates etc.

hmmm, aren't these computers just the bestest things...

what I would worry about is there might be a scripted XP bonus that happens when you hand over all 3 items...and also that one of us might kill the sheriff before he gets a chance to talk to us.

But even at that, you can just log in as DM and bring him back to life, which we had to do 3 seperate times with the spirit of the woods at the weekend before we finally subdued it without killing it. Might take a bit of trawling through the custom monsters list, though there weren't a huge amount of NPCs in the mod.

and my character isn't stupid, he's just highly obnoxious. just playing to my stats matey :)
    Though I suppose he does look kinda stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is this replacing last mondays game? Or is that going to be continued some other time?

the other one is pretty much finished. we're back in the town just about to finish quests and collect reward, thinking of starting off with the last bit of wpm and then loading up the next scenario.

Promotion!! woohoo!

Well, I've been drafted into the role playing mods (thanks Rev :) ).

And in the style of my namesake, my first act is the stickying of a thread... now, who shall I ban first? ennie, meenie :)

Run for the hills ... save yourselves !

so, tonights game;

what time (later the better for me)

does it require HotU? (If not wartoes will probably show)

are we meeting up beforehand for the XP from last weeks match?

is LoLth going to play around with the "little peoples" characters
    to get MarVels character sorted before he shows at 10?

Is there a shop where Dale can buy a sword? The rust monsters
    ate his last one last week.

I've a set of hellhound teethe you can borrow MouseRat. Gummy seems to have grown new ones all on his own

Will start the server at 9.

We can load up the end of the last scenario and finish it off. Then load up the new scenario.

I wont fiddle with anyone's character while they arent on line though (prefer not to do that). We can always sell the remaining artifact somewhere else.

Hopefully there is a shop at the start of the new one to stock up. I'm overloaded with loot to sell off.

If not, I'll throw the halls of advanced training again just to sell off gear and buy supplies... but really, I'd be amazed if there was no merchant at the start of the new one :)

was just talking to belasco, and he will definitely be there (if it doesn't need HotU).

If it does, then tough. He can afford it :) and I loaned him some good educational DVDs to be watching in the meantime, so he can go and improve himself and play next week a better man
    :p

• Advertisement

Just been told that the connection at home seems to be down. If I don't show up by 10:30 you'll know that I'm trapped offline :(

i'm still in the office too...probably be online by 9:30 at the latest though

Server is up and running

games2.iol.ie:5121

pass: monday

server is back up. same pass.

Make sure you have the hak file saved in the nwn/hak directory

Good game :)

THe two mages (saruman and lymar) are seriously powerful when working together. Pity I didnt get a screenshot of the two of them clearing a screen of spiders in one round. And not them wussy giant spiders. These were abyssal dire spiders.

It was actually refreshing to meet something that treats us the same way we treat goblins :) Something to aspire to - going back and kicking it in it's scaly nads -and then running away before it squishes you!

Looking forward to next week.

well last night was good, aside from that dragon fiasco.

(note to self: sarumans always running off to the far side of the map by himself, it's obviously just natural selection in action.)

found out that wartoes hadn't downloaded the HAK pack in advance, so thats why he went missing. no sympathy there either :)

And just a thought...did lymar miss out on the large stack of XP given out at the end of the last mission? How much was it again? We got 2000 off the sherriff...how much off lord donovan? Something huge like 10,000 wasn't it? If so, you should hit him with the DM XP stick. He should then have a 6th level spell to help in the bigger encounters next week.

Ancient Red Dragon + small enclosed space = many, many deaths :(

Lolth passed the xp on to me for the previous episode so no worries there. I do have some 6th levels but nothing that could touch the dragon :(. Need to find a scroll shop (would it be cheating to drop in to Rhun and pick up some new scrolls? Probably but tempting) as that shop at the start was a complete waste. As things stand we do need to get seriously kitted up soon. At present it looks like most of the doors we go through could kill us. Perhaps we should have explred the start a bit more?

I think it is more the fact that every scenario has had good treasure but only a place to sell it, not to buy alternative stuff.

If everyone agrees I will throw up the halls of advanced training module so we can buy some decent gear. however you'll have to promise

1: no picking up cash from the treasure on the floor
    2: no buying the plot items from the original game (they are in there and are very tempting as they only cost a gold or two).

Same as yesterday, we run this at the start of the night (to turn up on time lads :) ).

come to think of it, yeah, if we had gone down the main road at the start rather than jumping into that little castle that sucked us off to the abyss then maybe there was a town there - with a nice shop and easier missions to earn lots of cash for the shop ....maybe bump up our levels a bit...damn it!

• Advertisement

halls of advanced training...nah...that'd be cheating, sure aren't we trapped in the abyss! No shops there. We're finding plenty of gadgets too as it is, eventually we'll get stuff we actually want to use. After weeks of complaining, all of a sudden im swimming in short swords + 2 for instance.

I could do with a nicer sword though.

Advertisement