Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos bicycles

Options
  • 12-05-2004 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Thinking of getting back bike commuting, both as a way to cut down on bus costs and perhaps reduce the aul' love handles ;)

Looking for a new bike, around 150 euros, but I'd want something fairly robust and solid.

Hoping to spend no more than 200 overall (incl lights, mudguards and helmet), so I checked the bikes Argos have available on their UK site and there seems to be a few decent enough bikes there.

As I'm aware that this is mainly a sports forum, sorry if this seems a bit beneath ye ;) but can anyone see any models there that I should avoid?

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

here is where I detail my opinion on buying from Argos.

Sorry to say €150 isn't anything more than your bog standard bike, you can't get much cheaper new. So it will break, etc. I'd get it from a local store whom you can harass if it doesn't go well unlike argos who will have no idea how to sort out out even your most mundane issues.

TBH if you're looking on the argos site this would be the choice. No messing with suspension adding tons of weight and even more heart ache, just keep it simple in thei price range is the best advice I can give.
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

I dont know much about those manufacturers but i would say raleigh and diamond back bikes would be the best.... also to reduce the chances of it being nicked dont get a bike with suspension or anything quick release (wheels or saddle) and maybe get a U lock or a kevlar covered lock( the standard type string kinda lock but its got a reinforced covering.... if ya get me!)

Advertisement