Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winbond should i be concerned

Options
  • 10-05-2004 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hi there, just put a 2.6 P4 into a new case, moved everything over including psu

i ran win bond and it came up saying something about 3.3 V

the computer bleeps and a warning screen appears but disappers really quickly

should i be concerned?

worried!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

that's the vbat limit afaik, this isn't a bad thing as far i think really, if it's at the lower end of the scale it means it needs to be replaced. BUt you're at the very top end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 newbiemodder

ok 2 questions

will it blow the computer or is there a danger to the pc? why would this have been caused?

could it be from untidy wires? could it cause XP to hang?

that may be more than 2 questions!

ta btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

It's probably just a very fresh battery. Adjust the high limit on your win bond high limit settings to about 3.5V for the VBAT.

It's won't cause any problems, but it won't do any harm to ensure there aren't any exposed wires nearby.

Mine's at 3.25V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

You should find out exactly what the reading is and get back to us. If its the Vbat then 3.3v isint anything to worry about (im at 3.5v).

ok the exact message is "your +3.3V voltage exceed the limits"

now i look at it and it says 3.12 no where near the limit

i have it on a the mo and am afraid i will blow the damn machine

its a lex board b266u i think, if that helps

by putting the reset button connector and power button connectors in the wrong way would this cause this problem

ok it is happening when it is below the limit, +3.3V drops to 3.07 3.06 is this better then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I had a that problem before, I had a Q-Tec 350W PSU and I changed it for a Antec TrueBlue 350W and i never got bad voltages again:D

but is it dangersous?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Poor power supply unit = poor power supply = poor idea mate.

Get yourself a proper PSU.
    No point having good quality parts if you're running them off an El-Cheepo™ PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Dangerous as in do low voltages do damage to your pc? No it doesnt but your pc can crash because the pc can produce proper logic levels

• Registered Users Posts: 65,017 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Originally posted by SyxPak
    El-Cheepo™

LOL

Well, newbiemodder, what make and wattage is the PSU? Not QTEC by any chance?

• Advertisement

muy el cheepo brand i believe!

nah not sure hitech?

it was not my pc so i kinda thought it should be ok

is there any long term damage possible?

Advertisement