Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning In Mayo

Options
  • 10-05-2004 12:36pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads, bit of a strange one but does any of you know anyone going for planning permission in the Mayo region by any chance???
    Just wondering as I may have uncovered a scam going on as regards percolation testing and the results that I would like to compare results or conclusions.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I do planning permission in east Mayo, what does the scam entail?

Messing with 'T' values?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I do planning permission in east Mayo, what does the scam entail?

Is it that you do planning permission for people or are involved with Mayo COCO??

I do planning permission for people, calling it off soon though, as its a pain in the hole.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Umm, I can imagine.
    The indemity insurance doing the perc tests is causing bother with the lads I know who have applied. They all had to get the same guy to do it and he recommened the full treatment system, even though 2 of them are baffled. Until they found out a few interesting facts about the test.

who do u use btw?? Give the initials of the person if u can, I would be interested to see if it is the same person

We do the perc. tests ourselves, I think we've only had 1 bio treatment plant - out of 60 applications is pretty ok.

Are you suggesting an independent engineer is telling people to get a certain brand of bio-treatment plants cos he cann't be arsed to work out percolations? or because he's related?!
    The indemity insurance doing the perc tests
    eh, how do you mean? what happened?

What area of mayo are your friends in?

A friend of mine had to get a bio treatment plant a few years back cos his house was near a lake - by order Mayo coco. he was fuming when he saw a farmer spreading slurry down at the lake shore!

• Advertisement

3 In North Mayo, 1 in West Mayo

They were told that the engineer performing the test had to have indemnity insurance. All were using different architects, all architects used the same guy to do the test as "he seems to be only one available"
    Mayo COCO have supposidly brought this in since January.

One of the architects did their own tests and the T value was half what your man had.
    He is also an agent for a particular treatment system so if is really a joke. But Mayo COCO are happy if everyone has to put in the treatment systems it seems.

Just for interest what sort of charge do you do for the perc test, I will looking at doing one myself soon.

Advertisement