Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN mon 10th

Options
  • 10-05-2004 10:56am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to find a decent scenario now (any suggestions are welcome, level 8+) for the server.

Does everyone have both SoU and HotU?

Can everyone download a 9mb .rar file (well worth getting winRar by the way if you dont have it already).
    or a 13mb zip file?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

tell me the name of the file during working hours so i can get it here and bring it home - only a modem at home, good connection here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 belasco

I don't have Hordes of Underpants, and I'm in the same boat as Mouserat re: downloading at home... link today please?

HotU is 30 euro in GAME on Eglington street. If you can't afford to be wasting money on it then maybe I could instead and you could then barter to get the copy off of me. You got any good DVDs?? Or perhaps a first-born child? :ninja:

The plot in HotU is better than the one in SoU too, just as was helpfully predicted by LoLth & Co.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Ok,

found a straight forward mod with no download required. level 8th to 12th (should suit everyone). Just gonna test and make sure it works on the server. It's SoU.

If not I will post a link to the hak after lunch.

belasco, HotU is actually well worth getting. The scenario is as good as, if not better than, the original NWN scenario with some excellent scripting. It would also help if everyone had the same expansions so Mods arent only playable by some people.

Main issue is that with subsequent updates, scripts for modules stop working so the authors update their modules to the latest service packs. If we limit ourselves to basic NWN only, we end up with a choice of non-updated modules.. and therefore broken, or those modules no written for SoU or HotU and therefore not using hte full capabilities of the engine... and so a bit limited in comparison.

Tonights scenario is a maze. Basic, straightforward. should be a laugh.

i'll bring the breadcrumbs (arrows will have to do)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 belasco

Maybe I could bring some Fairy Dust from the single-player campaign? I've only got about 3 inventory pages full of it...

I'd be wary of carrying that much around.... someone might get the wrong idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

About 8:30 or 9 o'clock OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey i just got broadband :D I installed it a few mins ago. Just updating NWN now. oh no im not.. its done :D:D So ill pop in about 9 then after Enterprise (oh joy :D)

since NWN is playable over a modem, I'd have thought someone
    with new broadband would be diving right into all them twitchy games,
    like The big Quake of 'aught 8 and Battlefield 1066 and unreal duke
    tribe farcry strike assault of honour?

• Advertisement

Well, yet more problems with the module loading on the server. I have PM'ed Rev ('cos he's deadly :)) and hopefully he will get a chance to look into it.

Good news is, I have an alternative ready to go!!! Yaaay!.
    Very trap heavy and a few puzzles and some tough fights. should be good.

To give rev as much time as possible, I will aim for 9pm start.

games2.iol.ie:5121

password will be : monday

one of these days I'm gonna use a completely different password to mess with your heads!

Playable over a modem it may be, i used to play it all the time last year. However i cant tie up the phone line for hours on end and also its expensive.. Broadband makes it a different ballgame!! I just hope no one starts downloading stuff (like im doing now) and increasing my pings. I pinged games2.iol.ie at 22ms :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm reinstalling the nwn server, just incase with updating its lost something. so its a new clean install.

Its not the upload app, I'll post here once the servers back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Server back, but module still no worky.

I suspect you'll have this problem until to make teh move to Hordes :/

Was good to be back last night.. its been so long since i last played. Did i miss much when i left?

Nah, just a pair of firegiants and the run back to the town. We saved there.

When we start next week, I'll load up the save and we can collect the reward and then I'll load up th enew scenario. (which I'm gonna have a look for now :) ).

belasco (aka wartoes) was telling me he tried to play but couldn't as he ran into modem problems - he didn't get them fixed until 11pm, but he's there "with bells on" next week.

I'd believe him too..we were playing a bit at the weekend as well.

So somewhere with enough room for 5 of us and a few familiars to run around in.... Plains of something or other I'd guess :)

oh and saruman...please try not to kill me next week...remember i'm the small invisible guy usually standing right behind the guy you're trying to zap.
    how about learning some spells that arent area affect instead, like firebrand or some such. You donkey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Sorry about disappearing there toward the end lads, blue screened again. I really need to take my PC apart and rebuild/upgrade soon :(

I hope I still have that greatsword to trade in

Sorry Mouserat. I do have single target spells like magic missle etc i make use of but when a dozen nasties are bearing down on me i want em dead quick :D It usually works without party casualties. I cant change any spells till i level anyway. im a sorc not a wizard so if i level next time then i can learn some more single target spells.

• Advertisement

meh..im pretty ok with it either way...one party death to 200 fried monsters is a pretty good ratio.

Advertisement