Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people hate UCD?

Options
  • 10-05-2004 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Why is it that alot of people on boards hate UCD, I can't seem to find a common train of thought any where, all I hear is blah blah blah dublin blah blah blah West-brit blah blah blah D4 blah blah blah pissy arts degree blah blah blah science fail rate.:rolleyes:

have all these self righteous people not realised that it may be best to judge each one of the 20,000+ people on their own merits?:confused:

Just imagine the grief I would get if I went on these boards and started saying shit like : goth's are satan's minions , or be a good little goth and go top yourself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Superman
    saying shit like : goth's are satan's minions , or be a good little goth and go top yourself.

I doubt you'd get any grief... it's been done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

superman people dont hate ucd but there seems to be a sub section of UCD noobs posting ****e on boards!!

does us a favour dont post references to ucd and it wont happen......have you gotten over yourself yet.......by the way there seems to be a load of **** in that college, been up there and man talk about arogance!

You would swear it was yale or something!!
    its only fecking UCD most people could get in there if they wanted to

anyway rant over but as i said stop posting refernces to UCD and we will be all better off or else request a board for UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

West-brit blah blah blah
    Isn't that the insult we use for TCD people? Have I fallen behind again, dammit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think I said some where that the D4 accent is also known as the west brit accent.

Superman - "Why is it that alot of people on boards hate UCD, I can't seem to find a common train of thought any where"

...is that not a common enuff train of thought then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

I don't like UCD because its campus reminds me of a bad airport. Too much concrete and boring open spaces.

In terms of the people, its the same as anywhere else:

Some of them are lovely some are not.

And I too thought Trinity students were more hated?? No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't see the point in hating groups of people I don't even know...I can't even tell the difference between DCU and UCD half the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

People from Ucd go online and go by names like Superman because they say "That's Super" all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

they say "That's Super" all day long.

but i don't do commerce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

have all these self righteous people not realised that it may be best to judge each one of the 20,000+ people on their own merits?

Yeah there's your problem - 20,000+ certified wankers in one place

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Emmm...... we don't care? Whoever here admits to hating UCD is only slightly more crazy than someone who thinks that everyone hates UCD. It's a university. It's not like it could have killed your mother or stolen your girlfriend or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

what

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It's not because of West Brits that's for sure. West Brits go to Trinity or they go abroad. They certainly wouldn't go to, as was pointed out, a regional airport full of culchies out in the middle of nowhere where you can't even go shopping between lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b
    It's not because of West Brits that's for sure. West Brits go to Trinity or they go abroad. They certainly wouldn't go to, as was pointed out, a regional airport full of culchies out in the middle of nowhere where you can't even go shopping between lectures.

He
    a friend of mine (who was in TCD too) used to play a song called "UCD is Crap".
    He was hit by a bottle at a gig..
    (wonder does he stioll have the lyrics..)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

i hate ucd because it's a giant concrete prison and the library is an enormous pillbox... which i've been stuck inside for the last few weeks.

help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by kaids
    i hate ucd because it's a giant concrete prison and the library is an enormous pillbox... which i've been stuck inside for the last few weeks.

help!

Stillorgan Airport :D

I have found this to be a pretty accurate portrait of a lot of 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Fionnan

Its not that people hate UCD/TCD etc, its there is little love for the people in the ARTS/Commerce/Students Union sections irregardless of the university. They talk such w*nk, but the totty is of a high standard.

Advertisement