Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 9th

Options
  • 10-05-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Well not a bad night atall. A few of us met in Dev's for a chit chat first and then made our way in for the free game. I'd say its the first time in ages so many boards heads were around, And definately the first time ever the entire Business League team were playing in what turned out to be a 2 table tournament. There were no dealers so I offered to deal our table and play aswell, not easy atall atleast I was dealing myself muck and no decisions had to be made.

The charity game was going on downstairs and a few 'celebrities' got knocked out and they came up to play. This livened up our table, with George 'Youre a star', Joe Dolan and then Joe O Neill dealing aswell. Things got nice and loud and George built up a huge monster of a stack. Then the break came and he said he wasn't going to stay. So his chips were taken off eventually. Trust me nobody at the table was protesting that he should be just antied away. I was very low stack and had only played 2 hands up to this stage.

Hung onto my chips till the final table, there were 4 Business league team left. Dev, Hyzepher, Mr Pudding and my self. Mr P and I were very low he went all in with A 10. I called with K, Q and hit a K. So Dev with his big stack sat tight even throwing pocket pairs, yes dev I know they were ducks, I just wasnt playing atall as there were 5 * €100 tickets on offer. So I let others kill each other and The business league team got 3 out of 5 tickets, with a Fair City 'celebrity, the shop owner I think someone said' getting one in his 2nd tournament the celebrity game was his first.....
    All in all a good night. Dealing and playing was good in a sense as I just threw marginals without thinking about them. I reckon I played 7 hands MAX and saw about 2 flops without being all in before-hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

What were the €100 tickets for, just credit??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

There was 510 in the fund, so instead of a 270 for one person and 240 for 2nd we decided to let 5 people get 100 for a monday night 100 game

Are they running sats every Sunday now - 6.30pm?

It appears so but they need to try and drem up interest in them again like there was for the WSOP tickets. Yeah its great getting 5 €100 tix and definately better than a kick in the teeth but the night I won a ticket to last months €250 there was 4 on offer. Thats really what they need to get up to again. No body really knows about the Sunday nights

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

so it would seem now...

Ger, I'd have thrown most pocket pairs in that situation!! :)

Again I won a 100 euro ticket from the freeroll, turned it into 60 cash because of a lady who wanted to play in the 100 and then blew that 60 on the 20-in (great cards, no luck... story of my weekend really :) )

At least I broke even on the weekend :/

Nice play by Ger to cling on to a small stack all night and get a ticket too!
    (crap dealing though :p)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Hey I dont think it was the dealing thats was bad. It was the cards you were getting was the problem. No I wouldnt make a dealer but it kept things moving and I think I only messed up once.

You sold a €100 ticket for €60?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I wanted the cash, I'm a little strapped and I cant play tomorrow so I wanted to cash in for tonight. I offered it to Luke first but since he didnt want it I flogged it to a lady at the table for 60. *shrug*

DeV.

ps: Ger your dealing was fine... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Bollox. Got to the break in the 20 in game with about 7K. Got a top up and after a few nice hands got to the final table with around 18k. Got put out by Decker. can't remember all the details. I had an Ace and something else. Flop came with an ace and put me 4 to the nut flush. Norman bet 3500 all in. Decker called and so did I. Turn, check check (I think) river brings me my flush. Decker goes all in. There is a straight flush possibility on the board but that would have required Decker to call a 3500 bet with something like 9 & 4 of diamonds. I didn't really see anything else to scare me and I had the nut flush, so I called. He had a house. I can't even remember what it was, I thinks sixes and something (I am **** at remembering hands.) He was all in for 18200 and me 18100, nice pot. Bastard.

great night of poker.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Feck that's some serious chips to be having at the final table - 36000 should see him into good cash.

Getting nut flush biffed is hard to take. Though at least it was Alex not some total cunt. How'd the rest of the boards gang get on? I stupided myself out of the free entry when I was chip leader over the two tables at one point then I had to go to work. The irritation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Gah - I had a terrible night in the 20 in. Made several mistakes pre-flop that cost me but i'm philosphic about those, at least i'll learn from em.

After the freeze-out was when it started to really go pear shaped. Raised a few pots with pocket pairs and got no callers so only picked up the measly blinds. Then I get dealt Ace-King suited, I move all-in and am immediately called by a pair of aces. To add insult to injury I get my King but its no help and I lose a big chunk of my stack.
    Very next hand I look down to see a pocket pair of Kings - Move all-in for a pathetic amount am called and beaten. I'm so sickened to lose big for the second time in 24 hours with a pair of kings i can't even remember what beat me!!

I did have one from method to madness moment which made me smile later though. I'm holding king of spades, queen of clubs, I'm in till fourth street when I see two clubs and two spades on the board. Immediatley my mind starts going - Wow! any spade or any club and I win with a flush! Somethings whispering in the back of my head but I go all-in anyway only to realise - wait a minute even if i get a club or spade thats only four to a flush! Thank fu*k though nobody calls and I get away with my moment :)

LOL... I've often thought that but never acted on it...

Ken, have you ever seen decent cards not hit as often as mine before the freeze-out? Christ! Thats the first time I havent even made the top up.... unreal, I'd rather no cards at all :(

Did anyone get into the money?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Decker went out in 4th. €150 I think.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Decker

Hi,

yea went out in 4th and got 150, I made one very stupid call ... I knew he had a pair of As and I had Ks but still called his 30k bet ... very very stupid, that left me with about 15k and short stacked, probably could have just sat back and come at least 3rd perhaps even better.

Alex

Advertisement