Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a toy from my childhood

Options
  • 09-05-2004 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

hey does anybody remember a toy called something like "keepers"? they were these brightly coloured animal type thingys that had little compartments in them where you could hide stuff. mine was an orange and yellow one and the compartment was like the shell of a snail. my sister a pink horse-type thing.

anybody else have one of these?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah yes - didn't the ad going something "keepers keepers what's inside those keepers?" My sister had one, purple snail thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

They were actually called 'Keypers'... you can do an image search on Google and get pics of them.

Had a look @ the snail, rabbit & horse, scary how I can remember them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I still have a penguin one sumwhere!!! do u remember the alternative school version of the song that went "teachers teachers whats inside those creaters??" heehee and the classic "my little pony, raggy and boney, made out of plastic their legs are elastic"...those where the days....!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Ryvita

Speaking of old toys .... I used to have this kind of plastic toy hospital (I think) and the little people had ballbearings under them which would make them shuffle around the hospital??? Did anyone have that? I think there was a farm too?

Also I had a fisher price dolls house. The people had no legs or arms. Bit scary. I loved it so much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

did anyone else have the big yellow teapot that was a house when u opened it??

• Advertisement

My friend had one of them .... I remember the ads alright.

She also had one of those Sindy houses - a huge thing - I was very jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aerialhead

I remember those shuffly things with the ball bearings for feet. My cousin had one - the toy that is, not the ball-bearing feet.

They were called "The Shuffles" or "The Weebles" of somthing.

She had a farm yard one.

Bizarrely, I saw a woman who looked just like one of them the other day!
    I didn't get a chance to check for ball bearings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by peachypants
    mine was an orange and yellow one and the compartment was like the shell of a snail.

My sister had that exact one ... I think it's somewhere in the house still :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by tk123
    do u remember the alternative school version of the song that went "teachers teachers whats inside those creaters??" heehee and the classic "my little pony, raggy and boney, made out of plastic their legs are elastic"...those where the days....!!

The things we used to say when we were kids ... it's so different to what kids sing today ... I hate that pr!ck of a teacher & I'm gonna petrol bomb his car ... the innocence is still around today, except instead of it being innocence, it's pleading innocence :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

"my little pony, raggy and boney, made out of plastic their legs are elastic"...those where the days....!!:D

Ahhh! OMG! I think I'm still emotionally scarred from that. I was so upset when someone said that to me.

Yes! The coolest thing ever. Ever. Well at least until mam bought me some Sylvanian Families....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I remember that! In the ad, the kid yelled something like "In the big yellow TEAPOT!"

I also sang the My Little Pony song, although mine went "My little pony, skinny and bony". Like Auburn, it upset her. Thus I was well on my way to my role as big brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

i had baby skates.. she was deadly.. i wish i still had her .. :(
    my brother wrote on her face, cut her hair and pulled off her wheels.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

the classic "my little pony, raggy and boney, made out of plastic their legs are elastic"...those where the days....!!:D

we used to sing, "...made out of plastic, Looks like a spastic" - the shame.

As regards the Fisher Price dolls, I used to have a bus that came with 6 little feckers that you could fit inside it, which bobbled up and down when you 'drove' the bus. Maybe they're the dolls you mean - they're only small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What abt the fisher price garage?? It had a petrol pump and different levels to park on and a big ramp the cars would go down...oh and a jack so that ace mechanic "Malteaser-Head" could fix the cars!! :p

What abt the fisher price garage?? It had a petrol pump and different levels to park on and a big ramp the cars would go down...oh and a jack so that ace mechanic "Malteaser-Head" could fix the cars!! :p

Malteser heads - perfect description. I absolutely loved Fisher price.

Advertisement