Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pin Badges

Options
  • 08-05-2004 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

I've just been reliably informed by achilles that forbidden planet have gotten in DS9 and VGR style communicator badges priced at 16.50euro.

apparently they are not that easy to get a hold of if anyone is interested, i on the other hand are currently in the middle of my exams and broke :)

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

your always broke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm a student it goes without saying except i felt the need to say it.

my pc is still better then yours that is all

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

my next pc is going to rape your pc just for the hell of it

Plus my pc is 2600xp so tis good for 1 year more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yer welcome data ;-) Anyways i need to borrow like €20 for one of them aswell, being a student and all too. Still, i'll get me one. Last time i had a trek pin was about 5 years ago, and i go and loose it... typical...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like having money, i have that stupid leavig comming up and its getting harder and harder to convince friends to come out and get drunk. or even to just come out or go to cinima or anything - students suck!

• Advertisement

It appears that i got a few details wrong. They only ordered in like 4 or 5 for the people who had put their names down (ie. me) so screw the lot of ya, i have a trekkie badge... wheeee!!!!!!!

Just thought i'd post a pic... if anyone's interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,915 ✭✭✭✭Stark

€16.50? You must all be mad.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

though this be madness, yet there be method in it.

Yeah i was kinda appalled at the price also but at the end of the day, how many times are you gonna come accross being able to order an official one and not one of those cheap rip offs? They're rare to get as it is and although forbidden planet usually has them in their catalogue, they usually only have a few left when i ring the uk and are holding them for other people... that kinda thing. I'd say the extra price also had to do with the fact that they got them over especially and that. But whatever it's a one off payment. Sure you think that's bad.. i spent €35 a few weeks ago on an Enterprise phaser and communicator. *Cough* GEEK! *cough, splutter, cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,915 ✭✭✭✭Stark

*sigh* you'd say something if they were fully functional. Ah a working phaser, not that would be just priceless...

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Working phaser... funny you should say that...

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/stevetrek/stephaser.wmv

Sorry about the general kinda crapiness of the quality but that was cus when i made it i was still getting used to premier and sized it really small for some odd reason, that's a resized version to bigger than it's original size, that's why it looks distorted. Still ya can still make it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

lmao at the working phaser achilles :)

Advertisement