Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats fun?

Options
  • 08-05-2004 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

If I were to visit Ireland what would be something fun to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Eh dunno, just chill out and let the fun come to you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FireFly

I could chill and socialize with some local guys that would be fun...hmm...and maybe I could get one to show me around...like a tour guide but not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

where is johnny versace when you need him? this sounds like a job for him!!! ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

the "alternative tour of Ireland". What a horrible thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

hunt for lepercauns and search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

Originally posted by uberwolf
    where is johnny versace when you need him? this sounds like a job for him!!! ww)

yeah, that man and his russian friends could show anyone a good time...or so i am led to believe.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Visit all the pubs:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

go to Limerick City or Dublin and call them culchies and then run like **** :D

fun fun fun.

depends on what you wanna do do.
    Pub crawl around the country would be alot of craic.

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    hunt for lepercauns and search for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

:D lol...Yes I could look for leprechauns and their pots of gold all day and then dance wild with the faeries all night...I hear they serve good beverages...and if I'm lucky I won't run into a banshee...the stories are why I like Ireland so much...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Get the plane to Paris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Ok here's an Irishman's introduction to Ireland:
    Bring tourist to large pub. When tourist is on Pint 2 and guide is on pint 7, and tourist enquires about the possibility of seeing something a bit different, take tourist to alternatively themed pub. Repeat ad nauseum.

There's nothing to see in ireland that the Irish can tell you about as they spend all their time in the cinema or the pub. Make up your own list instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

An all Ireland hurling semi-final or final .
    Great atmostphere , but then again a tourist mightnt like a game they know nothing about .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

3 Fun things to do are:

1. Travel arround Ireland and see loadsa different parts
    2. Visit the aran islands
    3. Check what gigs are on
    4. Get a friend and go hiking "the wicklow way"
    3. Generally just get out of dublin because it is just an overpriced hole full of stupid tourist traps and clubs that try to be trendy, while the exeedingly trendy clientele spend the night outside smoking and pissing in alleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Originally posted by FireFly
    If I were to visit Ireland what would be something fun to do?
    Post a pic and if you're lucky.... me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah go to a gaa match, they are amazing sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

ye, a gaa match.. then go to the pub with the winning team.. guaranteed a good night out then.. :D

Originally posted by Lainey
    ye, a gaa match.. then go to the pub with the winning team.. guaranteed a good night out then.. :D
    It's funny what you can learn about someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

or you could do us all a favour and travel around tearing down election posters off telephone poles. you'd get to see the country and help the environment at the same time

Originally posted by Kold
    It's funny what you can learn about someone...

what you mean :confused:

I mean *cough*

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kold
    I mean *cough*

you'd want to get that cough seen too.. :p

Will you soothe it for me?

ahh, i would only i'm in the pub with the winning gaa team :D

what is a gaa team? Sounds like hanging with them would be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

GAA is the national sport. Two sports actually:

Fighting Sticks: In which retarded neanderthals stand knee deep in mud beating each other with wooden sticks.

Bog Ball: In which retarded neanderthals run around knee deep in mud punching each other in the face.

Both events are an excuse for culchies to invade dublin for a day, wrecking the place, before returning to their homes to practice their cave-painting.

So would I be going out on a limb then to say that you don't like the sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b

Fighting Sticks: In which retarded neanderthals stand knee deep in mud beating each other with wooden sticks.

Bog Ball: In which retarded neanderthals run around knee deep in mud punching each other in the face.

Both events are an excuse for culchies to invade dublin for a day, wrecking the place, before returning to their homes to practice their cave-painting.
    lmao:D
    too damn true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

originally posted by Slutmonkey57b

ROFL I couldn't have put it better myself !

:p:p:p

Advertisement