Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentaries wassup??

Options
  • 06-05-2004 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

when did people suddenly start investing non-fiction pieces with the breath of the holy spirit exactly? Are we to believe that simply because someone presents something sitting down in an armchair taling to camera he's making any more of a point than if he were re-enacting something with sock puppets.
    I have trouble enough as it is accepting what i read in newspapers, see on Sky Tv, and was forced to read in horrific school history books without having to be faced with more subjective takes on life masked with po-faced objective panache when I go to the flicks. I don't mind one or two good examples, but let's not get carried away guys, no one's taking this for the 'actual truth' in as much as that doesn't exist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

personally i like documentaries. they are interesting and ultimately a break from the normal, mainstream bullsh1t that hollywood repeatedly bangs out.

but at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice and if ya dont like them ya dont have to watch them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

but at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice and if ya dont like them ya dont have to watch them

Exactly. Stay away from them.

And as for having trouble accepting all the info that's thrown your way in life......don't. But the more info you have the more informed you are and therefore are better armed to confront the hypocrites and chancers that abound in this world of ours.

Advertisement