Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling price?

Options
  • 05-05-2004 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Getting quoted €15 per sq yard to lay floor tiles, just over 30 square yards. Im totally ignorant on this, is it a good price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Seems a little cheap, what strings are attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

No strings attached it's a new build, totally forgot about tiling, the builder sourced him. I had done my research on everything but tiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

It depends on the type of tile being used. The price seems about right for ceramic tiles. Slate, marble or porcelain you can expect to pay a lot more to have them laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ramius

since it is quite cheap you will have to supply the grout and adhesive which is costly. adhesive at about 30 eur covering 7 sq yards and grout at 20 eur for a bag.
    my kitchen is 20 sq yards and i had to use 4 bags of adhesive and 2 of grout and thats just the floor

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Price seems grand, that is what I would charge down in the West.
    You must have been given it some mix on the adhesive ramius, also on the grout you seem to have used a serious amount of stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement