Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-Bag

Options
  • 05-05-2004 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

So how many people used to watch T-Bag?
    It was a great kids show back in the day. Synopsis taken from 'The T-Room':
    The basic storyline in each series was that a power-crazed witch (T-Bag) had taken up residence inside some object in a junk shop belonging to a boy (Thomas) and his Grandad. She would oust whoever else was living in the object and create a T-Room for herself. T-Bag would then make her presence known by kidnapping Thomas (who was thenceforth known as T-Shirt) and forcing him to be her servant (or T-Caddy) to keep her magical powers strong by making endless cups of tea from the leaves of her evil T-Plant.
    Into the picture comes a sweet, innocent young girl who then happens across the object in the shop and meets the character that has been usurped by T-Bag. Invariably, that character knows how to banish T-Bag (always involving a number of mystical artefacts that T Bag has stolen and scattered about the place so as to avoid banishment). The young girl then has to go and collect them all back up again and restore them to their rightful place.

Quick Reference for T-Bag (with pics)

The T-Room. Lots of detailed T-Bag info here

The red-haired girl in the yellow dress from the first few seasons who had to collect the golden letters, silver numbers and gold bells always sticks out in my mind :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ah, T-Bag, probably the first gay icon of my youth - even if I didn't know what being gay was then ;)

Used to watch it all the time on Childrens ITV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

T-bag was great me and my twin sister used to watch it when we got in from school. Strangely both T-Bags have now ended up in Emmerdale and don't seem to have aged at all, so they must have been pretty young when it was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Seamie

T-bag was a gay icon? Wha?

Thos shows were great. Got a little repetitive and predictable towards the end, and the second T-bag was rubbish compared to the original, but twas pretty damn enjoyable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I believe the actress who played T-Bag is now appearing on that soap Emmerdale.

T-bag was a gay icon?

It was a joke..hence the ;) at the end....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

cheers from the nostalgia trip there :D
    didnt she use to pour the tea into the saucer and see the future
    or something :rolleyes: that was a weird show,cant remember if
    i liked it or not,too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Didn't T-bag's eyes glow some sort of colour (red or green or something)?

I used to have nightmares about her....scary lady :ninja:

didnt she use to pour the tea into the saucer and see the future

I'm not sure it was the future or what was happening right then, but she did pour the team into the saucer and watch through it. Ah the magic of television ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You know I probably watched that programme when I was a nipper but I can't for the life of me remember it...

I must ask my mam...

Although from the pictures it seem a bit girly maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'm not sure it was the future or what was happening right then, but she did pour the team into the saucer and watch through it.

Yeah I think she only poured the tea to check in and see what the various girls were up to on their quests, rather than the future.
    I actually used to have a short novel that was all about T-Bag and her birthday. She thought everyone had forgotten her birthday, but they threw her a surprise party @ the end. I learned some serious life lessons from that. ;)

• Advertisement

I actually used to have a short novel that was all about T-Bag and her birthday. She thought everyone had forgotten her birthday, but they threw her a surprise party @ the end

A forgotten classic..they should make a BBC adaption ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Originally posted by Pigman II
    I believe the actress who played T-Bag is now appearing on that soap Emmerdale.

Worse that that is that Kellie Bright who played Sally in T-Bag also played "Me Julie" in Ali G Indahouse :)

Advertisement