Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water testing

Options
  • 05-05-2004 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    where can I get my tap water tested, for levels of chemicals, bacteria and other harmfull substances?

I don't want to have to spend a fortune on the testing and possibly get it done for free.
    But I would spend some money to get it privately tested if it's going to be a better test and has a good analysis of it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Try contacting your local Health Board or hospital. These often offer a testing service for members of the public who wish to get their tap water tested. They might also be able to recommend a private testing lab for you to submit samples to and advise you as to what parameters you should get tested. Also, contact your local authority and see what they say. Finally do a google serach for water testing laboratories in ireland - there are lots of them and many of them test tap water samples for members of the public. No matter where you get the samples tested you'll probably have to pay for it, it won't break the bank tho' and better to pay a small fee to get your water tested than to be drinking dirty water!

PS you'll have to use sterile bottles to take samples. The lab that you're using for the testing should provide these bottles to you beforehand and should also give you advice on exactly how to take samples as it is important that you do it correctly.

BrianD3

Advertisement