Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Generation Beam

Options
  • 05-05-2004 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i know it's been a while but i finally managed to get myself a legal copy of premier pro. Friend of mine has it and i installed it. Anyways... was watching series one of the next generation on dvd the other day and whilst watching the extras i exploded with excitement as they showed the raw footage they used to create the transporter effect. I ripped this footage to my pc and tries to make a beam out as canon tng looking as possible. It still doesn't look 100% but i tried my best. Tell me what u guys think :P

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/stevetrek/canontrekbeamone.wmv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

C'mon, 17 views? surely someone has an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

ya gota push your self a bit more Achilles, while Im sure that took a good while to do Its still just basic fade in an out stuff. If you have had of beamed your leg away and made blood splurt out, now that would have been good

"more explosions" basicly

No pleasing some people...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Pretty god achilles i have to say, despite what the poster above said, keep going and we should have a movie by the end of the summer

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have you's started the film yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Could only load the audio... why's everyone using wmv files anyway? What ever happined to good old avi, or mpg?

shoddy m$.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

I thought that was pretty good, mebbe u can rty get rid of the blocky rectangle and it would be excellent, good work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Ahhh I was only messin, thats some amount of work gone into that.

but look! shinzon thinks your a God!
    Originally posted by shinzon
    Pretty god achilles
    ahh :)

But i am a pretty god *looks in the mirror. Hey how you doin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Achilles
    Hey guys i know it's been a while but i finally managed to get myself a legal copy of premier pro. Friend of mine has it and i installed it.
    I'm just nit-picking for the sake of nit-picking but that just sounds like you used an original CD to do a dodgy install on your own machine. Which no more makes it a "legal copy" than the ones I mention in the footer.

(not that I care you understand, I'm sure I've a few versions of Premiere around here somewhere)

• Advertisement

What's dodgy about me installing it from an official adobe premier 7 cd? How's that not legal? Surely ya get permission to install it on more than one machine when ya buy the license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

What's dodgy about me installing it from an official adobe premier 7 cd? How's that not legal? Surely ya get permission to install it on more than one machine when ya buy the license.

Are you joking?

Q: Can I activate Adobe software software on more than one computer?

A: The activation process supports installation on two machines. Adobe's Product License Agreement allows a user to install the product on a primary and a secondary computer as long as the product is not being used concurrently on the two machines. While the activation process supports installing and activating Adobe software on two machines, the usage of the product on the secondary computer is restricted to the main user who licensed the software. Allowing others to use Adobe software on a secondary computer violates the Product License Agreement.
    http://www.adobe.com/activation/main.html

Like I said, I don't care, I'm just pointing it out. As long as you know that it isn't in fact legal so you're as well off downloading a copy of Premiere Pro 1.5 as using a mate's copy of Premiere 7.0 as legally it's the same thing.

I honestly never knew that. But to be honest it's a load of legal bollocks anyways. Sure it's to protect against piracy but i mean c'mon. And no i'm not trying to weasel out of it or anything i never actually knew that i was in the wrong. Well, i'll still be using it for this film if it ever goes ahead, that said if it is myself that's doing most of the effects, which it probably wont. There's a guy in canada that i know from other forums and he'll be doing the phaser effects and stuff like that so i'll probably just get him to do most of the stuff, and i know that he's bought it and stuff like that. As i said tho this film will be a private thing so i dont thing legality will be an issue. Unless one of yous rats me out to de gards boyzzzzz ye know.... deadly. Rappah.... *cough* etc.

*snip*

FYI, Premier 7 IS Premier Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Good God ! Rofl

"Take me too ur leader" :D Looking good

I reloaded my canon trek project in premier earlier today and i finally managed to work out how to key out the black outline of the first stage beam 'curtain' effect so that it's just the effect itself that washes over me, also i enhanced the 2nd stage beam out effect too. I would upload it but alas i no longer have a home net connection, for the time being.

a) I couldnt keep up the payments (damn you mother) and
    b) I have study to do... apparently. I'll upload it from a net café soon.

In addition, i made an 'ECH' sketch today also.. it's only about 20 secs long, but it involves me initiating a hologram of... myself, as the ech, and then we both run off together (no not in THAT way... freaks!!!!). Again, will post asap.

FYI, Premier 7 IS Premier Pro
    Indeed. Premiere Pro 1.5 is an upgrade from 7.0, hence my mentioning it. Officially out tomorrow (so as is usual with Adobe, it's been on sale for over a month). Useful new tools for preset parameters and supports HD so if you get your hands on that, you may find it handy.

Sounds good man, i'll ask around my contacts to see if they have a proper licensed copy... cheers.

Advertisement